High Performance Work Team Leader - Aftermarket
Eaton’s Fuel Motion Control Systems division is currently seeking a High Performance Work Team Leader - Aftermarket to join our team. This position is based at our Jackson, Mississippi facility.
The High Performance Work Team Leader - Aftermarket is manages and leads a team of employees responsible for assembly and test of hydraulic pumps and motors for the Aftermarket.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
· You will drive continuous improvement and application through the use of EBS, BOS, Lean, RIE’s, Boot camps and HPWTs.
· You will champion the implementation of Lean activities to eliminate waste opportunities of key processes.
· You will achieve key BOS metrics including Productive Utilization, On-Time Delivery, First Pass Yield, 5S+ and DPPM.
· You will champion implementation of MESH to achieve improvement in year over year safety performance measures.
· You will train and develop Technicians as well as providing oversight and coaching to other team members
· You will schedule production work order releases and work in progress to meet stated goals for capacity utilization, on time delivery, and cost.
· You will direct day-to-day activities in the Aftermarket and support areas.
· You will manages priorities on shared resources to achieve the business needs
· You will prepare and deliver periodic reports to JLT for team performance.
· You will develop yearly business plan for Aftermarket area.
· You will be accountable for the utilization of manpower, materials and assembly and test equipment and relevant support equipment within assigned activities.
· You will work closely with appropriate functions to ensure smooth production of Aftermarket operations. Collaborate with Accounting, Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Maintenance, and other plant groups, as necessary to obtain or provide assistance, coordinate efforts, expedite resolution of problem situations, etc.
· You will participate in the development and installation of plant assembly and test policies, procedures and methods. Provide recommendations and information generated by current and anticipated assembly and test conditions.
· You will manage within the guidelines of all regulatory requirements ( e.g. FAA regulations PART 145).
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Three (3) years of experience in manufacturing environment with a minimum of one (1) year of supervisory experience.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of the facility will be considered.
- Experience in Aerospace or Automotive Industry preferred
- Experience working in a PART 145 Repair Station environment
- Repairman or A&P Certified
- Supervisory experience
- Lean/Six Sigma Certified
- Master’s Degree
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time