Eaton’s Electrical Sector, Crouse-Hinds division is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position I based at our Pearland, TX facility.
This role will be responsible for partnering with operations in order to improve and maximize productivity for production related activities in the Assembly and Machining departments of the Pearland and ICI plants. This position also works to assist in new product launches, ensuring a flawless launch as the product moves to manufacturing. This role works under the direction of the Plant Manager and is a member of the site leadership team.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Propose, coordinate and implement projects related safety, quality, cost reduction and continuous improvement, and new product development
- Own site cost out improvement process/report out
- Identify and prioritize opportunities to improve manufacturing productivity throughout the facility.
- Train, coach, and challenge project owners in the use of lean and statistical tools, approaches and techniques to create process management and measurement systems.
- Evaluate and recommend best solutions to given problems weighing economic return and compatibility with layout of plant facilities.
- Investigate and solve problems in manufacturing of products. Perform manufacturing methods studies to determine optimum process and methods.
- Support manufacturing processes related to sheet metal (stamping, bending, welding and powder paint), machining and electrical products assembly.
- Partner with design engineers to ensure that new product designs incorporate provisions for maximum manufacturing economy
- Identify new equipment and manufacturing technologies and make recommendations regarding equipment, plan changes in manufacturing facilities, including material flow and plant design. Prepare capital appropriations as required.
- Develop operational procedures and manufacturing routings and production standards.
- Implement cost reduction projects for methods, processes, and materials on present manufactured products by using lean manufacturing principles such as kaizen, 5S and Six Sigma methodology.
- Partner with EHS Function to ensure Machine Guarding and Electrical Safety processes are standardized and followed while building culture of focus on safety
- Champion designated MESH category areas to close out actions and ensure compliance
- Owns Capitol Appropriation Request Appropriations for facility
- Administer and lead Management of Change process for product and process launches
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of manufacturing experience supporting operations/production
- No relocation benefit is being offered. Candidates must reside in a 50 mile radius of Houston, TX. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering.
- 2 years leading continuous improvement projects
- Six sigma green belt / black belt
- Hands-on experience in Assembly, Machining (CNC & Manual), Sheet Metal, Fabricating and/or Maintenance environment
- Project Management experience
- Experience with capital projects
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and facilitation skills.
- Results oriented candidate that can drive the necessary activities to get things accomplished.
- Able to see opportunities for synergy and integration, can simplify complex processes and gets more out of fewer resources.
- Strong Communication and Presentation Skills
- Ability to lead and work cross functionally
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time