Field Service Technician
The individual will be responsible for servicing un-interruptible power supplies (UPS) and batteries and other company electronic-based products in a high voltage environment at customer sites.
- Performs emergency and preventive maintenance and installation on a 24/7 on-call basis with regional responsibility.
- Responsible for performing on-site or in-house servicing and repair of company products.
- Provides technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment.
- Serves as customer contact on technical and service-related problems.
- Provide technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment and serve as the customer contact on technical and service-related problems.
- 3 year college diploma (DEC) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 1 year of UPS or electronics experience.
- Must be bilingual in English and French
- No relocation is provided. Candidates must reside within 80 km of Quebec City, QC to be considered.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
- Must have the ability to utilize drawings, mathematics, handbook formulas and a variety of precision diagnostic instruments.
- Must demonstrate proficiency on all products and field processes before being dispatched to the field.
- Good understanding of single-phase and three-phase circuit theory, analog and digital electronic circuit theory and microprocessor controls and programming.
- Basic understanding of network functionality, fiber optics and sealed and wet celled battery theory and application.
- Must be proficient in the use of test equipment and software programs.
- Adheres to all published WSG safety standards.
- Must possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations.
- Customer focus and time management skills are essential.
- Works from home.
- Company vehicle provided.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and customer relations skills.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs.
Accessibility information may be found at:
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time