Transformer Assembler- 2nd Shift
Eaton’s Electrical Division is currently seeking a full-time 2nd Shift Transformer Assembler to join our team. This position is based at our Nacogdoches, TX facility.
The Transformer Assembler is responsible to perform final assembly operations of electricity transformer according to prescribed standard methods and procedures.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
· You will attend work on a regular basis
· You will ensure compliance with Safety & Housekeeping practices, company policies and procedures
· You will perform work in some or all of the following work centers: Tank-up, casing, small parts, vacuum chamber, cover bander, palletizing, final assembly. Work includes such tasks as:
· You will attach/install component parts and sub-assemblies to transformer tanks (e.g. leads, bushings, brackets, fuses, switches, nameplates, arrestors, labels, stencils, bands, etc.)
· You will place and anchor core/coil assemblies into tanks
· You will perform various hand assembly, fitting and adjusting operations of a repetitive nature
· You will retrieve, assemble and attach covers
· You will load, operate and unload vacuum system
· You will use punch press and small power hand tools as required
· You will touch-up paint on tanks when needed;
· You will rework nonconforming parts and product
· You will perform other operations as directed
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
· High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
· No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Nacogdoches, TX will be considered
· Assembly experience
· Experience working in a manufacturing environment
Position Success Criteria:
· Work from written communications including operating instructions (NFOI), PIC lists, production schedules, JSA etc
· Use manual and powered hand tools
· Operate a hoist
Work in awkward positions including prolonged bending, stooping, reaching and stepping from one level to another intermittently throughout the work day
· May require the operation of an industrial lift truck
· Perform work requiring a strength rating of medium
· Be able to read and comprehend written materials associated with the job and perform basic math functions
· Be physically able to perform the essential functions of the job, have good visual acuity and wear required PPE
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No