Core/Coil Assembler (2nd Shift)
Eaton’s Power Systems Division is currently seeking a Core/Coil Assembler to join our team. This position is based at our Nacogdoches, TX facility and will work a 2nd shift schedule.
The Core/Coil Assembler performs work in some or all of the following work centers: Bake oven, Coil hot press, Core/clamp, Hook-up, L.V. welding/finishing, Lead press, Stacking, T.T.R., Wire cut/term. The core hours for this position are on 2nd shift.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will follow customer specifications, blueprints and bills of material, standardized procedures and prescribed methods (NFOI) to assemble various sizes of transformers and related sub-assemblies.
- You will carry out tasks such as:
- Loading cores and coils onto stacking line
- Stacking core around the legs of the coils
- Applying steel banding strap to core clamp the assembly
- Testing each finished unit for proper ratio and good connections using TTR tester,
- You will rework damaged or defective component parts and complete assemblies, Scrap unusable or overstock materials and parts.
- You will ensure compliance with all safety and housekeeping practices and company policies and procedures.
- You will inspect tools for damage and repair/replacement.
- You will perform routine upkeep on tools and equipment.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Nacogdoches, TX will be considered
- Assembly experience
- Experience working in a manufacturing or production environment
- Familiar with manufacturing safety protocols and strive for quality
Position Success Criteria:
- Ensures compliance with all safety and housekeeping practices and company policies and procedures
- Ability to read and understand written communications including basic operating instructions, Job Safety Analysis, etc.
- Ability to follow production schedules
- Perform close vision work
- Bend and stoop frequently and stand and walk constantly
- Use hands and upper extremities to perform tasks of a repetitive nature
- Wear PPE
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No