Field Service Technician
Eaton is currently seeking a Field Service Technician to join our team! This position is based at our Montreal, QC facility.
The individual will be responsible for servicing un-interruptible power supplies (UPS) and batteries and other company electronic-based products in a high voltage environment at the customer’s site.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will perform emergency and preventive maintenance and installation on a 24/7 on-call basis with regional responsibility.
- You will be responsible for performing on-site or in-house servicing and repair of company products.
- You will provide technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment.
- You will serve as customer contact on technical and service related problems.
- You will provide technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment and serve as the customer contact on technical and service related problems.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- College diploma from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 1 year of UPS, battery technologies or electronics experience
- Must be bilingual in English and French
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 80 kilometer radius of the Montreal, QC facility will be considered.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- Experience in electrical/electronics service work
- Minimum of 3 years of UPS, battery technologies or electronics experience
- Must have the ability to utilize drawings, mathematics, handbook formulas and a variety of precision diagnostic instruments.
- Must demonstrate proficiency on all products and field processes before being dispatched to the field.
- Good understanding of single phase and three-phase circuit theory, analog and digital electronic circuit theory and microprocessor controls and programming.
- Basic understanding of network functionality, fiber optics and sealed and wet celled battery theory and application.
- Must be proficient in the use of test equipment and software programs.
- Adheres to all published WSG safety standards.
- Must possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and customer relations skills.
PC Proficiency including Microsoft Windows.
- Customer focus and time management skills are essential.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time