Manufacturing Team Leader - 2nd shift
Eaton’s Hydraulics Division is currently seeking a Manufacturing Team Lead on 2nd Shift. This position is based at our Forest City, NC facility.
The Team Lead will support the daily operational activities of production work cells and ensures that the routine daily operations are productive and safe. The incumbent will be responsible for leading and supporting the production supervisor in planning and directing manufacturing activities. This position will need to provide leadership and direction in the utilization of Lean tools, including auditing and standard work. This person will also be responsible for conducting necessary training to ensure safe and quality production activities
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will monitor and manage hourly employees
- You will update daily reports and track progress and cell team boards
- You will correct cause for variances to goal or escalate to supervisor
- You will assist with equipment failure or downtime and ensure startups, shutdowns and changeovers are well planned and efficient
- You will assist to ensure all operators are trained and qualified to perform their duties and assist with employee related issues.
- You will provide technical support to the area of responsibility
- You will lead shift change meetings to provide direction to team in order to maximize safety, production, quality, delivery and efficiency
- You will support the Continuous Improvement leaders and lead continuous improvement activities where necessary
- You will provide input to the production supervisor in regards to performance management
- You will support plant lean, safety, quality and continuous improvement efforts.
- You will fill in when Manufacturing Supervisor is absent.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution OR actively/currently pursuing a Bachelor’s program within the past year from an accredited institution.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship on an ongoing basis.
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Forest City, NC to be considered.
- Minimum 1 year experience in leading and providing directions to others
- Computer skills – Microsoft Office applications, MFG-Pro, etc
- Effective leadership and interpersonal communication skills
- Good problem-solving, prioritization and decision-making skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing environments
- Ability to act as a change agent and support teambuilding
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Does this position offer relocation?: No