Senior HR Generalist
Do you want to work for a global company where promoting gender equality is central to our vision of creating a truly diverse and inclusive business ? Where everyone matters, and everyone belongs.
More about us : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzZfovyFZcY
The Senior HR Generalist will provide comprehensive Human Resources operational support to Eaton facilities covering Havant and Warwick. The role supports the HRM with the deployment of local and corporate strategies to achieve short and long term business objectives.
Your main duties :
- Ensure all Policies and Procedures are compliant with current legislation, reflect Eaton’s philosophy and work practices
- Coach Line Managers/Team Leaders in a number of diverse areas with the view to growing capability and skills to resolve operational issues, ensuring their understanding of and compliance with UK Employment Law and best practice.
- Assist Line and Functional Managers with day to day operational performance issues
- Manage all policies and procedures impacting on Attendance Management and Rehabilitation. Identify Best Practice and analyze data to identify trends/patterns. Utilize these to compose recommendations for improvements in managing attendance and rehabilitation
- Support the HRM with the overall Communications Plan. Assist with driving agenda/issues in conjunction with local Communications Team
- Manage the relationship with professional partners covering attendance, occupational health, employment and legal advice and employee benefits ensuring cost effective use of external resources
- Maintain the operational relationship with Eaton’s Pension administrator. Maintain the administrative process to deal with retirees and leavers.
- Audit and maintain details of Private Healthcare scheme membership, assisting employees with queries on private medical issues. Maintain the relationship with Legal & General as a provider of Private Health Insurance, ensuring appropriate and timely applications on behalf of qualifying staff
- Involvement in any key projects that are developmental from a business and functional perspective
- Involvement in restructuring activities to support business needs
- Co-ordinate all report requirements from HR to the wider business. Allocate resources as appropriate to ensure timely delivery. Utilize metrics to make recommendations to streamline, improve and highlight business improvement issues
- Support payroll processes providing tactical and operational cover
- Involvement in the recruitment process
- Support Health & Safety co-coordinator in policy implementation, systems updating and devising sound processes to ensure compliance with legislation and the drive for best practice
What we are looking for:
CIPD qualified with a relevant industry experience
An ability to handle a busy and diverse workload
Coaching skills to support line managers
Understands and adheres to the confidentiality requirements when handling employee issues and data
Excellent people skills
Ability to meet deployment timetables and deadlines
Driving and maintaining positive employee relations
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work within a close team but also work independently without requiring constant guidance
Good business acumen with an understanding of the impact HR can make in attaining wider business goals
What we offer:
At Eaton, inclusion and diversity is our strength. We embrace the power of many perspectives to drive innovation and growth that benefits our people, investors, customers and communities.
Eaton employees may participating in our Flexible Work Solutions program
Competitive benefits package ( pension contributions, life insurance, local transport allowance, meal tickets /catering allowance, 5 weeks holidays, refreshments on workplace, contribution to sport / culture / leisure )
We’re proud to have strong governance for inclusion and diversity. With 50% diversity on our Board of Directors and more than 4,000 Eaton leaders attending Inclusion & Diversity training courses, we’re firmly committed to setting guidance, targets and activities that foster greater inclusion and diversity everywhere we do business.
Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time