Eaton’s Lighting Division is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Aurora, CO facility.
The manufacturing engineer will be responsible to develop, document, maintain and support manufacturing processes and equipment that assure capable and reliable production of quality products for our architectural lighting product lines.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will establish part processing to ensure the highest quality part at the optimum production rate and maintain/ update process documentation
- You will review new part drawings and processes for proper machine application and utilization
- You will continually evaluate current processes for methods improvements (safety, ergonomics)
- You will review and approve initial tool drawings from division, machine suppliers, tool vendors, etc.
- You will initiate and implement tool, fixture and part changes to improve product quality and furnish emergency tooling or alternate methods to support production
- You will serve as a liaison between sustaining engineering, and shop employees during new equipment start-up, new product development and manufacturing process design
- You will provide support for set-ups and the associate training process
- You will provide trouble-shooting service for production departments to minimize down-time and initiate and formalize cost savings at both plant and division levels
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of an engineering internship or co-op
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No Relocation. Candidates must currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Aurora, CO site.
- 2 or more years of engineering or operations experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience within the lighting or electrical manufacturing industry preferred
- Prior project management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering
- Lean certification, Eaton Lean Six Sigma knowledge
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Ability to apply knowledge of processed/finished part prints, process sheets
- Knowledge of gages and check fixtures
- Knowledge of statistical quality control
- Lighting product knowledge, part flow (VSM) and alternative processing methods
- Strong problem-solving and team work skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills; Ability to work cross
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time