Eaton’s Electrical Products Group (EPG) division is currently seeking a Senior Buyer to join our team. This position is based at our Marina Power and Lighting business in Williamsburg, VA.
The Senior Buyer is responsible for purchasing materials and services, obtaining maximum value in terms of price, quality and delivery related to inventory, supplies, and capital goods for the Eaton Marina Power and Lighting facility. In this role you will focus on obtaining components for engineered-to-order jobs and achieving cost-out projects to accomplish plant goals.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will manage supplier delivery and performance for inventory purchases
- You will develop and maintain plans to obtain department and division improvements and objectives
- You will coordinate material requirements with production schedules, customer requirements, and provide feedback in daily/weekly meetings
- You will manage all functions of warehouse including employee, receipts, parts orders, material movement to production
- You will lead continuous improvement activities
- You will proactively resolve supplier invoicing issues and implement corrective actions to minimize future errors
- You will attend daily production meetings to provide updates on material parts status
- You will create RFQ’s and place purchase orders, negotiating the lowest cost and most favorable terms
- You will track and communicate Eaton’s performance to service agreement metrics
- You will conduct periodic supplier business reviews to improve supplier performance
- You will coordinate with engineering, sales, operations, finance and quality to meet customer demands
- You will actively participate in teams working towards continuous process improvements, elimination of waste, and overall supply chain continuity.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years professional experience
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of Williamsburg, VA will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US on an on-going basis without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or Supply Chain Management from an accredited institution
- Supply chain, materials management or operations experience
- Advanced MS Excel and/or data mining experience.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time