Test Technician I - 2nd shift
Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Test Technician I on 2nd Shift. This position is based at our Youngsville, NC facility.
The Test Technician will perform testing, troubleshooting, and repair on Single Phase and Three phase medium voltage UPS systems to ensure products meet defined specifications. The incumbent will be responsible for reading and interpreting electronic schematics for UPS Systems
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will communicate effectively with cross functional departments to resolve and correct UPS testing issues
- You will be responsible for reporting any Non-conformance items by utilizing our Quality Management Guidelines.
- You will recommend modifications and improvements to enhance the products for quality, reliability, manufacturability and cost effectiveness.
- You will instruct and communicate with Production Associates, Quality Engineering Technician, Manufacturing Engineers and Test Engineers to resolve daily production and warranty issues
- You will check and maintain equipment to ensure compliance with ISO 9000:2000 standards.
- Identify and implement corrective actions for the repair, replacement and calibration of laboratory tools and manufacturing equipment.
- You will assist team in achieving plant and department goals.
- You will adhere to all environmental, health, safety policies and procedures, and work instructions
- You will use the principles of 5S to ensure a clean and organized work area.
- You will foster an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement through participation and teamwork.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
Associate Degree in electronics or electrical technology from an accredited institution
Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship on an ongoing basis.
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 60 miles of Youngsville, NC to be considered.
Basic knowledge of Electronic Test Measurement Devices
Demonstrated ability to take and give direction
Ability to use good judgment and problem-solving skills to make informed decisions
Good interpersonal and presentation skills
Ability to communicate effectively across all levels
Basic computer knowledge of Windows based operating systems and programs.
Ability to read and understand formal, informal drawings, and/or electronic schematics.
- Ability to completely test and troubleshoot electronic products
Knowledge of switchboard and switchgear operations
Manufacturing systems knowledge (KANBAN, JIT, Production scheduling)
Experience with DC battery currents
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications
- 1-year experience in electronics or equivalent
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD OPS Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No