Eaton’s Energy Automation Solutions Division has an opening for an Associate Buyer/Planner to join our team. This position will be located in Saint-Romuald (Levis), Quebec.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
About Energy Automation Solutions Division:
The Energy Automation Solutions (EAS) division delivers intelligent energy solutions by combining power systems expertise with innovative technologies to help our customers generate, deliver, and manage energy safely, efficiently, and reliably. The EAS business primarily serves global utility customers and, in some markets, commercial industrial, and renewable energy markets.. The technical skills, innovative thinking and the tireless dedication of our employees around the world are Eaton's greatest resources.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger
The Associate Buyer/Planner supports the buying and planning of materials of EASD production and works to coordinate material and services from suppliers at the most economical cost, consistent with quality, service and delivery requirements by utilizing sound purchasing techniques and in accord with established purchasing policies, practices and procedures. Position requires extensive relationship management with assigned contract manufacturers in addition to sales, engineering and program management.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution or Technical College with work experience would be considered.
- Minimum 1 year of progressive planning and buying experience
- Fluency in English, French (working proficiency).
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- Relocation is not being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within a 80km-radius of Saint-Romuald (Levis), Quebec will be considered.
- Demonstrated sound decision making, problem solving skills, and ability to respond quickly under pressure
- 3 years of progressive planning and buying experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills: written, verbal, phone, computer
- Experience in an Engineering to Order environment a plus
- Comprehensive knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft office programs as well as SAP/ MRP/ERP systems, Lean Manufacturing Principles, and quality standards.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG EAS Electrical Automation Solutions
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time