Senior Engineer - Electronics Engg
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to an Senior Engineer in Eaton’s electrical business, based in Pune, Maharashtra.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of a Electrical Sector responsible for designing, developing and testing power electronics and other electrical systems and subsystems for Single phase power systems (DPQ). Position’s focus will be to own the Inverter Controls Requirements, working closely with the Power Quality group.
Your essential responsibilities:
- Develop and grow the team in Pune to support technical design and development
- Finalize requirements for NPI by working together with engaged parties in product management and engineering
- Works closely with Power Quality Electrical and system engineering activities for critical power solutions products
- Champions innovative solutions in a variety of areas: semiconductor devices, power electronics, magnetics, thermal, and digital controls functions
- Performs system and architectural product design
- Analyzes and simulates power electronics systems including, analog, logical, and digital electronics
- Evaluates alternative solutions to satisfy emerging customer wants and needs.
- Reviews product development requirement specifications including product management and customer requirements. Writes and maintains functional specifications of design solutions.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and an ability to connect the dots particularly at the system level
- Keeps track of latest power electronics, embedded software and controls strategies. Applies knowledge to power electronics applications.
- Applies Design for Six Sigma principles as part of the development process.
- Fosters an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement.
- Listens to and understands the “Voice of the Customer”
The candidate will integrate components from an existing Linux toolkit to develop an application that communicates power electronics data to customers via various Ethernet protocols.
- Overall of 5 – 7 years of Experience and 3 years relevant experience of UPS.
- Courses in Real Time Operating Systems (FreeRTOS or ThreadX preferred), Communications Techniques, Control Theory, Structured Analysis/ Design and Power Electronics a plus.
- Understanding and experience with SNMP, CAN, USB, TCP/IP communications protocols.
- Knowledge and experience of C, C++, and the embedded processors assembly language
- Knowledge and experience programming DSP processors, TI fixed-point processors as well as microcontroller peripherals including PWM, A->D, and D->A converters, PLD’s, and Flash memory
- Experience with BSP development and middle-ware integration.
- Ability to read schematics and interpret the behavior of electronic systems.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot analog and digital control circuitry.
- Hands-on PCB bring-up, testing and debugging.
- MATLAB, SVN, GIT or similar experience required
- Excellent Written and verbal communications.
- Position requires an individual who is self-motivated, self-managed, team-oriented, proactive, attentive to detail, task oriented, and able to overcome obstacles to meet schedule requirements.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only