Operations Manager- Foundry
Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds Division is currently seeking a Foundry Operations Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Syracuse, NY facility.
The Foundry Operations Manager is responsible for the manufacturing activities of the Syracuse iron and aluminum foundries. In this role you will, you will determine effect of production load changes on foundry operations, and take action to adjust capacities (labor and/or equipment) to meet production requirements.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours..
- You will review plant-operating practices insuring that both production and quality standards are maintained/enhanced.
- You will assure appropriate working climate by maintaining proper discipline, morale and employee relations. Advise, guide, and counsel employees in relation to company benefits, plant policy and regulations, employee programs, wage administration and plant objectives.
- Through regular contact with Plant Manager and his staff, you will participate in planning and/or decision making in matters concerning financial and operational problems, inventory control, plant policy and facility/maintenance issues and staffing.
- You will recommend budgets and control expenditures. Recommend wage or salary adjustments.
- You will operate and organize facilities and equipment in line with company policies and procedures. Enforce safe practice standards maintaining a clean work environment.
- You will work with the CI Manager in the identification, development, and implementation of new casting and grinding methods to reduce the inventory and lead time of the 4 plant value streams and reduce annual costs to meet annual CI cost reduction targets.
- You will lead 90 employees through front line supervisors the production of standard and engineered to order products resulting in $220M in annual sales
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 2 years of manufacturing management experience
- Foundry operations experience.
- No relocation
is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50
miles of Syracuse to be considered.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
- Experience with process tools such as profit planning, strategic planning, Organizational Capability Assessment, Corporate Accounts, Lean System/Six Sigma, Supply Chain Management, Fixed Capital Optimization, and Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) processes (MESH, ISO 14001)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time