Would you like to make a difference to the environment? Do you want to work for a global and ethical company? Join us and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that make a real impact. We make what matters work. To find out more about us check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
As EMEA Power Systems Expert, you will be part of a virtual team of subject matter experts within the Electrical Services organization across EMEA that provides consulting electrical engineering services to a broad range of industries, institutes and utilities within the region and reports to the Manager Power Systems Engineering. The Electrical Services team offers a comprehensive portfolio of services tailored for every stage of a power system’s life cycle—whether it’s design, build, or support. Our services integrate and optimize the elements of a power system to make sure it’s aligned with business goals.
Your main duties :
- Identifies, develops, and commercializes significant growth opportunities through providing technical consultation, engineering advice and studies in the field of electrical network studies, arc flash hazard analyses, power quality audits, substation designs and on-site investigations/failure analyzes.
- Is responsible for meeting the schedule, scope, cost and technical targets for all engineering efforts under his/her control, such as a variety of short circuit, protection coordination, arc flash hazard analyses as well as other more complex analysis such as ground grid evaluation, harmonic analysis and load flow studies. Occasionally, includes conducting on site investigations, failure analyses, power reliability audits, power quality and energy monitoring.
- Serves as a subject matter expert within the area of Power Distribution Systems architecture for Eaton. This includes the development of standardized processes, expand PSE offerings, developing and maintaining relationships with the external technical community and academia, active participation in industry or technical groups and events and publishing papers. Finally as a subject matter expert internally the PSE Specialist will be expected mentoring junior staff and consulting with internal business & engineering customers.
- Performs electrical power distribution system design studies and protection analysis utilizing computational modeling platforms.
- Provides engineering and technical consultation for customers in the areas of power systems design, arc flash safety, startup, maintenance, repair and training. This includes power system design for large power distribution projects.
- Initiates and develops solid relationships with both engineering and business leaders within Eaton to drive strong business cases for new commercial applications and acquires needed resources and funding.
- Strategically identifies leading external partnerships, outside technologies and best practices to bring to Eaton.
- Self-management of assigned projects and job cost accountability to perform work within budgeted cost estimates.
- Interprets specs and customer inquiries and designs technical proposals for customers.
- Provides technical solutions to customers that may involve equipment design or upgrades, testing of equipment.
- Identifies, develops and drives sales opportunities including pull through.
- Has the ability to run major studies and projects independently.
- Mentors or leads other engineers on major projects within specialty
- Is able to be a specialist in one or more technical competencies, and should be recognized externally as a subject matter expert.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering required. Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Min. 3 years of experience in power engineering (distribution, transmission, and substations)
- Min. 1 year of experience in the use of SKM Power Tools, ETAP, CYME, or similar software.
- Min. 1 year experience in troubleshooting and programming microcontrollers/software; using common tools and methods to analyze power quality: oscilloscope, power analyzers and meters.
- Experience in Field Service activities.
- Strong power system engineering skills and broad power distribution grid system domain knowledge including protection, substation automation and power conversion applications.
- Expert in Power system design and analysis such as: Short-Circuit, LV/MV Coordination, Arc Flash, Power Quality Measurements, Harmonic Analysis, Advanced Skills such as: Reliability Analysis, Transient Stability, Distribution System Design, Substation Design, Grid Automation, Alternate Energy, Project Management.
- Knowledge of IEEE/IEC Standards for various power system components and applications and ISO, safety regulations and principles.
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus.
- Fluent in English language and basic proficiency in Dutch language.
- Self-starter, drives improvement and a quick Learner, able to adopt new systems and tools quickly.
- Leadership model competencies focused on accountability, passionate, efficient, transparent, ethical and willing to learn.
- IEEE / IEC Membership, Active in Standards Development and Technical Paper Authorship
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
Permanent contract in fast growing global company
Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Sales EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time