Eaton has an immediate opening for a HR Manager located at our Omaha, NE manufacturing facility.
This role is responsible for leading the Human Resources Function for the Omaha Power Center. The HR Manager will provide daily support by managing and administering plans and/or programs to ensure the most effective utilization of human resources to support business objectives, establishing solid partnerships and driving functional excellence. The HR Manager reports directly to the Omaha Plant Manager and functionally to Director, Human Resources.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- You will develop and deploy HR strategies to manage talent, drive the culture, and align the organization for a multi-site manufacturing locations.
- You will ensure the talent pipeline for the future, assess and select talent, and coach managers on the process.
- You will set direction, priorities and culture expectations while championing Eaton Values & Philosophies and the Eaton Business System (EBS) by driving the utilization of performance metrics, continuous improvement principles and change management plans while maximizing employee ownership and engagement.
- You will design and deliver local HR practices that create and maintain the desired culture.
- You will prepare the workforce for change. Use assessment tools and metrics to diagnose organizational issues.
- You will identify the learning, training, and development needs of the organization and deploy effective training plans.
- You will provide leaders of people guidance and mentoring. Develop and implement solutions to organizational challenges by leading/coaching others through change. Provide coaching and feedback as needed to help Build Organizational Capability
- You will use coaching skills to influence behavior and business decisions to be consistent with the values and ethical standards and desired business outcomes.
- You will perform investigations and take appropriate corrective actions.
- You will ensure effective deployment of performance management systems and coach managers on the process.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Manufacturing or Distribution environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Demonstrated HR strategic business partner success in organizational development
- Analyzing data for human resources initiatives
- Commitment to employee engagement and continuous improvement.
- Strong employee relations skills with the proven ability to successfully drive change and leadership ownership/accountability.
- Coaching/facilitation/conflict management skills
- Demonstrated ability to build organizational capability
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas/thoughts to all levels of the organization
- Working knowledge of employment/labor law
- Minimum of 2 years of Human Resources experience
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Labor Relations, or Business Administration
- PHR or SPHR certification
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time