Senior Software Architect
Eaton’s Electrical Systems & Services Group is currently seeking a Senior Software Architect to join our team! This position is based at our Moon Township, PA facility. Relocation assistance will be provided.
- Ethical –We play by the rules and act with integrity. We are proud of our actions.
- Passionate -- We care deeply about what we do. We set high expectations and we perform.
- Accountable -- We seek responsibility and take ownership. We do what we say.
- Efficient -- We value speed and simplicity.
- Transparent -- We say what we think. We make it okay to disagree.
- Learn – We are curious, adaptable, and willing to teach what we know.
- These values enable us to tackle some of the most important challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters. As a team, we have the power to make a difference.
You give us your best, we’ll reward you well. Eaton strives to provide industry competitive, employee well-being focused benefits and programs globally. The items below represent common programs globally, but program availabilities may vary by site. Please check with an HR representative on the programs available at your local site. In many cases, programs may be provided by government resources in compliance with local regulations, instead of directly by Eaton.
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs to support you now and as you plan for the future
- Wellness programs and resources to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Paid time off with vacation, sick days, and holiday observance
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Donation matching (US, Canada, Puerto Rico)
- Recognition programs for a wide range of achievements
- Referral program to reward you for helping us find the right candidate
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Fitness reimbursement to support your healthy lifestyle
- Casual dress policy that allows jeans in the office
- You will lead the design and development of an IOT System Architecture including connected devices, API development, web and mobile applications, enterprise services, big data analytics, and the integration of testing and cyber-security best practices.
- We are looking for a software architect that will participate and contribute in developing solutions that will change how our customers and service organizations install, commission, operate and interact with our products. We are in need of a passionate and motivated software development expert that can help us develop the next set of technologies and products that will be successful in the marketplace.
- You will be responsible for defining and building out a software system architecture for IoT and cloud applications including the interconnectivity of embedded devices, user interface (web and mobile applications), and backend services.
- You will work closely with cross-functional teams to define architectures to meet customer and technical requirements across a variety of products.
- You will have substantial experience with technologies across all elements of full stack development including data stores, web servers, REST services, micro-services, web and app development, device connectivity, data messaging, and cybersecurity in order to make strong recommendations that are secure, scalable, reliable, and cost-effective.
- You will support the technical development team with your expertise and through the implementation of best practices.
- You must have an open mind to understand and shape new solutions based on both emerging & established technologies.
- You will play a key role in establishing the team and the company as a leader in our market and provide a solid foundation for future growth.
- You should have experience with at least one public cloud service such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, or Google Cloud Platform.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical or Computer Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in the software industry
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience developing enterprise grade, highly scalable web-based applications and/or distributed systems
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science preferred
- Extensive experience utilizing best practices in software engineering
- Extensive experience with Agile development methodologies and concepts
- Extensive experience developing and deploying applications in the Microsoft Azure ecosystem.
- Teamwork, communication, strong interpersonal skills across cultural and organizational boundaries
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to effectively explain technical concepts
- Abreast of upcoming software development/engineering tools, trends, and methodologies
- Good judgment, time management, and decision-making skills
- Expert level skills in Java and/or C# and associated IDE’s (Visual Studio, Eclipse, IntelliJ, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of Windows operating systems and their associated development platforms
- Thorough understanding of software design principles, algorithms, data structures, and multithreading concepts
- Expert level object oriented design and programming skills, including the use of design patterns
- Extensive knowledge of networking protocols and concepts (websockets, http, tcp, mqtt, amqp)
- Solid understanding of network and distributed computing concepts
- Working knowledge of one other programming language (Java, C#, C++, Python, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of relational and non-relational database systems
- Working knowledge of microservices and reactive streams
- Extensive knowledge of CI/CD concepts, tools, and technologies
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Strong problem solving and software debugging skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time