Would you like to make a difference to the environment? Do you want to work for a global and ethical company? Join us and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that make a real impact.
We make what matters work.
To find out more about us check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
We established Eaton’s EMEA Business Service Center in 2015 where more than 600 people are working on what matters. Our mission is to provide high value services to support internal and external customers across Eaton’s Electrical, Hydraulics, and Corporate functions in EMEA.
Join our Engineering team as Technical Support Engineer to provide advanced technical support and troubleshooting assistance to end-users customers and internal partners. You would not only be in contact with end-users but also wholesalers and distributors, panel builders, designers, logistics, quality department, product management, R&D, manufacturing and/or sales or service representative when necessary to handle a variety of pre-sales or post-sales functions. Moreover you will participate in strategical decisions about process improvements, tools deployment and contribute to increase the customer satisfaction and the technical knowledge within the team.
You will make a difference by:
- Acting as a technical specialist L1 & L2 for resolving customer challenges related to Eaton UPS software and connectivity cards via phone/email/webchat etc.
- Providing assistance to software & connectivity issues which involve Level 3 and above technical support engineers, R&D and Product Managers.
- Managing Software trials with identified customers and actively support Eaton Country Sales Organisations during these trials
- Driving customer loyalty through quality of service, improved value and through a high performance culture.
- Actively contributing to the effective organization and daily delivery of all aspects of the technical support tasks through various resources - people, process and technology.
- Proactively acting as expert team member for customers and partners to carry out and identify solutions to standard and non-standard task/queries.
- Contributing to knowledge sharing sessions and CI initiatives within and outside of team to adapt best practices at BSC Budapest.
- Contributing to secure customer satisfaction, reduce customer effort and achieve cycle time/cost improvements through team-based problem solving.
- Providing actively support in daily/weekly/monthly team reporting creation.
- Leading knowledge sharing sessions within and outside of team to adapt best practices at BSC Budapest
Your experience matters:
- Degree in Computer Science (IT / Networking / Telecommunications)
- 3 years of experience in Technical Support / Engineering
- Networking (Understanding of following protocols: SNMP (V1/V3), IP V4/V6, SSL, http, XML)
- Virtualization (VMware / Microsoft HyperV)
- Advanced user of traditional OS Microsoft Windows and Linux
- Analytical mindset
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Fluent in English & French language capabilities
- We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for you
- We ensure health, wellness, safety and work-life balance for you
- We invest in you for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
- We offer career advancement opportunities for you
- We value diversity, join our passionate team
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of ability testing as part of the recruitment process.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Sales EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No