Eaton’s Power Systems Division is currently seeking a Product Specialist to join our team. This position is based at our Waukesha, WA facility.
The Product Specialist is responsible to be a skilled technical communicator who creates a well written customer proposal based on a customer request for quote and/or a specification using the CPSD quotation system and process the customer’s purchase order prior to Engineering design. The will also be a liaison for Sales and Engineering to respond to customer’s.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
This position will be responsible for:
- You will create multiple Voltage Regulator proposals, on a daily basis, per customer’s request – for – quote (RFQ). Specifications (formal and in – formal), one – lines, and other documentation by performing detailed specification reviews to identify and address:
- Customer Requirements
- Features and accessories required for pricing program
- Areas for exception or clarification for the customer
- Alternates for a more competitive offering
- Special test, customer test/witness, or customer inspection requirements
- Special documentation and reporting
- You will process multiple orders, on a daily basis, from both internal and field priced proposals
- Verify PO against proposal, specification matches proposal, and resolve all discrepancies
- Assemble documentation for Design Engineering
- Communicate special requirements to affected departments
- You will process customer change orders against open sales orders using the Change/Hold/Cancellation process
- You will approve and negotiate pricing per establish guidelines, competitive feedback, and customer/ market knowledge
- You will provide product and application technical support for customers, agents, and internal departments
- You will act as a liaison between engineering, scheduling, and customers
- You will understand and utilize lean tools and concepts to dive continuous improvement
- You will learn and understand applicable industry standards i.e. ANSI, IEEE, CSA, NEMA for Transformers
- You will participate in the creation and maintenance of ISO work instructions
- You will participate in customer visits to the Customer Service Center
- You will provide plant tours as needed
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Ability to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship
- Minimum of 1 year of product, customer service, inside sales, or proposals experience in a technical field
- This role must sit within 50 miles of Waukesha, WI
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 3 (three) years of product, customer service, inside sales, or proposals experience in a technical field
- Minimum of 1 year of experience using ERP and quotation systems
Position Success Criteria:
- Knowledge of electric power distribution equipment and their components and accessories
- Knowledge of typical applications, equipment, systems and standards for electric power distribution transformers
- Excellent oral, interpersonal and written skills with the ability to effectively communicate
- Detail oriented, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work to deadlines with a high degree of accuracy
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PSD Power Systems Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time