Senior Component Engineer
We are looking forward to a Senior Component Engineer in Eaton’s electrical business, based in Shenzhen, China.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
Senior component engineer is key role for product development and product reliability, will be focus on electrical material's reliability evaluation method and modeling, build useful life of semiconductor parts.
- Technical lead of positive component and lead key performance definition in PFA ( production feasibility agreement)
- Develop components’ reliability evaluation method and set up reliability modelling and useful life for semiconductor parts
- Provide guide and control on how to select the right components. Lead failure analysis of components and develop qualification method (power semi-conductors, IC, positive components)
- Evaluate and judge process reliability of vendor, select right vendor, attend vendor audit and support vendor to get consistent growth to meet Eaton’s requirement
- Leading 2nd source validation plan from component level and system level, to achieve VAVE goal
- Understand the industry dynamics and basic trends, lead selection and introduction of new component and suppliers, leading evaluation and qualification new technology of component
- Bachelor degree is required, master is preferred. Major in Micro-Electronic material engineering or electronic engineering
- 5 years’ experience of electronics component engineering related job UPS, VFD, Inverters, EV charger, Rectifiers
- 2 years‘ experience of reliability related job in semi-conductor manufacturer
- Very skilled at power semiconductor application, failure mode and mechanism. Skilled at relationship between component reliability and internal material & manufacturing process
- Skilled at positive component function/application, failure mode& main effects
- Familiar with electrical component raw material failure mode and mechanism, including conductor and insulator material
- Familiar with MIL 217 reliability test method for electrical components
- Skilled at DFSS tools (DFMEA/Monte Carlo/DOE) for issue analysis and design optimization. Familiar with building component life modeling with DOE
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: PQD CPSD Critical Power Solutions Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No