Regional Manager, Supplier Development (North America, East)
Eaton Aerospace Division has an opening for a Regional Manager, Supplier Development (North America, East).
The Regional Manager, Supplier Development reports directly to the Sr. Manager of Supplier Development and Transitions and is responsible for creating a performance-based culture that delivers incremental improvement in key supply base metrics.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will Support the development and deployment of Global SDE tools and processes to enable improvement in both Quality and Delivery performance and enhance overall supplier capabilities to meet future business needs.
- You will Build organizational capability globally by developing commodity/process expertise to support effective supplier selection, management, continuous improvement and problem solving.
- You will Work cross-functionally with SCM, Engineering, and Operations to ensure supplier sourcing, launch and on-going performance meet defined targets and overall business needs.
- You will Manage SDE activities on all major Aerospace NPD programs involving suppliers.
- You will Monitor overall supplier performance metrics (DPPM, DMR, OTD, PRR etc) and addresses performance gaps by driving defined strategies in accordance with the Focus Supplier Process or other short-term recovery plans.
- You will Assure proper alignment of continuous improvement activities with the SCM team at group and with the plants.
- You will Conduct Business/Quality and Technical assessments, in support of new sourcing, to determine if a supplier’s business operating system and technical competency meet Eaton’s expectations.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 10 years of experience in manufacturing, quality, supply chain or operations
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Candidates must reside within the states of IN, OH, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, ME, or RI to be considered.
- Technical Bachelor’s degree in engineering or supply chain management highly preferred
- Six Sigma Greenbelt or Blackbelt
- Lead auditor qualification
- Lean training and hands on experience is desirable
- MBA is a plus
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels within the company
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrate Eaton’s Code of Ethics at all times
- Demonstrated Functional Competencies
- Leadership (Advanced)
- Product and Process Quality Planning (Advanced)
- Analytical/Statistical Tools and Methods (Advanced)
- Inspection and Testing (Advanced)
- External Requirements (Practitioner)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER Aerospace Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time