Eaton’s ESSG division is currently seeking a Pricing Manager to join our team. This position is based in our Burlington, Ontario facility.
The Pricing Manager is the steward of the division’s profitability. The Pricing Manager ensures that the corresponding products and services are value priced in the various sales channels, balancing the need for revenue growth and profitability in the context of the products’ strategies and their relative competitive position.
The Pricing Manager will learn Eaton’s commercial landscape and sales channels, perform detail analysis on the drivers of price per product line, own and advance the various pricing platforms and develop strong working relationships with the key stakeholders: sales, marketing, and finance. In addition, the Pricing Manager will work with Eaton pricing leaders in other divisions and at the Electrical Sector level to identify and implement best practices in all areas of pricing
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Be the “Go to” person for all pricing related questions and challenges in the Division.
- Provide pricing expertise to the division product teams to enable price optimization.
- Partner with product managers and sales to learn the products that are configured in Bid Manager.
- Be responsible for direct work of analyst(s), indirect reports, to measure and publish metrics for pricing project benefits
- Partner with sales and product marketing teams on value pricing techniques and strategies including for new technologies and products to drive profitable growth.
- Elevate the pricing maturity of the division’s pricing process by incorporating advanced pricing methods, systems, best practices and technology where appropriate.
- Partner with product managers and sales to perform detail price performance analysis at the transactional level to uncover the drivers of price and implement corrective actions.
- Lead Division execution of General Price Increase (GPI) including setting targets coordinating market communications with division sales teams, and measurement of yield.
- Own, evolve, and introduce digital platforms related to pricing that are aligned to the organization’s pricing maturity progression.
- Research, identify and support pricing strategies for new product launches and present recommendations to divisional leadership to support business decisions.
- Monitor Division profitability forecasts, inflation and other cost drivers (e.g., tariffs, supplier changes, etc.) and proactively initiate pricing actions to offset margin risks or capitalize on opportunities.
- Be the central repository for competitor pricing actions and strategies.
- Leverage Sector and other divisional pricing leaders, as well as outside sources, to implement best practices in all areas of price management.
- Evaluate and continuously improve how prices are structured and delivered to customers, balancing Division profit goals with customer responsiveness and ease of doing business.
- Evaluate and disposition sales and customer requests for quotations, special pricing requests and contractual pricing, taking into consideration product pricing strategies, relative competitive position, division growth objectives and margin requirements.
- Monitor division pricing service level agreements requests.
- Lead price improvement projects in the division; including implementation of pricing software and tools, profit waterfall projects, mix improvement, low margin opportunities.
- Maintain Division pricing metrics and communicate to Division leadership what is impacting monthly price performance.
- Develop actionable analysis and reports for division management, Product Line Manager’s (PLMs) and Sales
- Advance all pricing platforms of the division including Bid Manager (Engineer To Order platform) by identifying pricing and configuration gaps and driving pricing discipline.
- Have oversight on the day/day pricing related activities; such as creating special pricing templates and approvals.
- Direct the activities of analyst(s), indirect reports, in support of division pricing service level agreements
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- University degree in finance, economics, mathematics, engineering
- 5 year minimum experience in Business to Business (B2B) price management
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit will be provided. All candidates must reside within a 80-kilometer radius of Burlington, ON to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- 8 years of pricing experience in B2B environment.
- Demonstrated advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience with the following software applications; QlikView, Business Intelligence, statistical and modeling software
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm”
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: International relocation – worldwide
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time