Eaton located in Greenwood, SC has an opening for a MESH Technician- 1st shift. This position is located at our Emerald Road facility.
Responsible for assisting with the implementation and deployment of all MESH initiatives, working directly with front line leaders, group leaders, engineering, factory production employees and ATS maintenance services. Responsible for compliance to OSHA guidelines and environmental/permit regulated compliance standards which will require close project leadership with Manufacturing Engineering. Responsible for providing safety training and guidance. Lead regulatory activities and support Operations in incident investigation activities.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- You will be responsible for assisting with the implementation of MESH (Management System of Environmental, Energy, Safety, Security and Health) and will utilize MESH tools to drive improvements by participating and leading MESH Teams. Individual will Champion multiple MESH Elements, in addition to providing support for other Element Champions.
- You will prepare and deliver presentations across all functions to ensure compliance to MESH guidelines and persuade or lead teams to effective resolutions.
- You will obtain training and hands-on experience in implementing MESH tools to drive improvements in MESH and directly support plant objectives. Required travel to participate in Corporate & Fresh Eyes MESH assessments at other Eaton facilities.
- You must work closely with management, engineering and facility employees at all levels to facilitate, lead, and/or assist teams in achieving department and plant goals as related to MESH, both safety standards and compliance to environmental/permit regulations.
- You will be responsible for project management from initiation through completion. This includes authoring Capital Appropriations Requests (CAR’s) and corresponding Contractor Management to implement project.
- Responsible for generating and revising facility drawings to map a wide variety of MESH requirements.
- Associate's degree from an accredited college.
- One year of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without Company sponsorship.
- Must live within 50 miles of Greenwood, SC. No relocation is provided.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD either by work experience or education.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products and ability to learn associated software packages such as SAP, Prism, Beacon, eSafety, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours to accomplish tasks.
- Self motivated/directed with strong written and verbal communication skills along with great organization, project leadership and teaming abilities. Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and with suppliers to garner resources needed to support a Zero Incident Culture.
- Must have initiative to effectively manage resources to drive complex safety and environmental issues to resolution.
- Must have knowledge and/or experience gained from participation on project teams, root cause identification and action plan tracking.
- Ability to be discreet in handling sensitive, confidential and proprietary information.
- Knowledge and experience in problem solving, driving process improvements and sustaining implementation of change.
- Bachelor's degree in a discipline relating to environmental, safety, engineering or business or be pursuing a degree.
- Knowledge in OSHA regulations or environmental compliance to include storm water, spill prevention control, waste management, air permits, Form R's, etc.
- Experience with MESH systems including the Enhesa Scorecard, Prism, ISO and local regulatory requirements.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No