Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Quality Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Rumford, RI facility.
The Quality Engineer is responsible for developing and monitoring inspection techniques necessary to meet print requirements, driving root cause and corrective action related to internal and external quality performance, supporting facility internal and external quality related audits, and providing technical direction to production and inspection staff.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will review Engineering drawings and changes to assure that they are properly addressed in internal processing and inspection.
- You will respond to customer corrective action requests including full root cause analysis, determination of permanent corrective actions, and implementation and follow-up of corrective actions.
- You will monitor manufacturing processes and methods to assure maintenance of in-process quality levels and to prevent quality problems driving and facilitating problem solving activity as required.
- You will partner with Quality, Process Technicians, Manufacturing Engineers and Manufacturing Operations to establish robust manufacturing process controls using Process Flow, PFMEA, and Process Control Plans to ensure reliable, repeatable and capable processes.
- You will ensure compliance with the specified customer, industry, and government requirements.
- You will investigate and resolve internal and external product quality problems.
- You will analyze rejected hardware to determine cause and corrective action.
- You will suggest process and/or design changes to improve production rates and/or yield.
- You will maintain accurate records to comply with company and customer record retention requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
Must obtain Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technical Discipline from an accredited institution by May 2019 to be considered.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. “Green Card Holder”), Political Asylee or Refugee.
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of the Rumford, RI facility will be considered.
- Engineering Internship experience
- Trained in AS9100 quality system auditing.
- Working knowledge in aerospace quality processes
- Working knowledge of drawings and specifications interpretation
- Working knowledge in functional measuring equipment usage.
- Experienced with document control.
- Detailed knowledge of Aerospace product, manufacturing processes, and inspection techniques.
- Details knowledge of the latest ANSI Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) specifications per ASME Y14.5M.
- Knowledge of machining, gauging, SPC and APQP.
- Experienced knowledge of AS9100 Quality System and product/process auditing techniques.
- Detailed knowledge of AS9102 First Article requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of problem-solving techniques – Root Cause Analysis, 8D Corrective Action Process and FMEA.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities.
- Detailed oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills,
- Experience in Microsoft computer applications.
- Must exhibit a high level of motivation, sense of urgency and energetic approach to job duties and requirements.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time