Eaton Corporation, the Aerospace Group is currently recruiting for a Logistics Supervisor to work in our Irvine, CA location. This role reports to the Materials Planning Manager and is responsible for directing and controlling the movement of material through the Receiving, Stockroom and Shipping functions while ensuring timely processing of inventory transactions within the MRP system, to support both internal and external customer demands.
- Maintain metrics for Safety, OTD, and Cycle Count Accuracy, Stockroom efficiency, Premium Freight and others as assigned.
- Responsible for Cycle Counting program, ensuring counts are done daily and timely resolution of discrepancies.
- Ensure integrity and audit capability of the Cycle-Count process to apply for waiver of ongoing annual physical inventories per documented plan/procedure.
-Supervise direct reports.
- Hire, train and perform employee performance reviews (utilizing APEX) as required to staff the Logistics Department.
- Maintain Logistics functional areas per 5S guidelines and perform 5S audits of areas as required.
- Support RIE/Lean improvement activities and High Performance Work Teams (HPWT’s).
- Responsible for cost out goals and reporting of actual cost out results within department.
- Coordinate with outside suppliers for shipping materials, forklift repairs and maintenance as required.
- Coordinate, plan and train employees for annual physical inventory.
- Coordinate with Divisional Logistics personnel to ensure adherence to corporate policies for freight, carriers and reporting requirements.
- Establish performance criteria to measure efficiency within each logistics function.
- Coordinate with Quality Department for Government Source product requirements.
- Maintain standard work and requirements.
- Maintain stockroom layout to maximize efficiency for kitting processes and ensure FIFO pulling of material.
- Ensure integrity of multiple stockroom locations for production, projects and engineering. Maintain inventory accuracy level of greater than 95%.
- Responsible for quarterly review and disposal of Excess and Obsolete inventory per company guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
- Minimum three (3) years’ work experience in a supply chain role in a manufacturing environment.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles of Irvine, CA will be considered for this position.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Operations or Supply Chain preferred.
– Aerospace Industry preferred.
MRP Systems, Warehousing, Trucking and Freight
UPS and FedEx Shipping Guidelines
Freight Forwarders and International Shipping requirements
Inventory Management Systems
Microsoft Office skills – with minimum of intermediate Excel skills (V-Lookup and Pivot table knowledge)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No