Sheet Metal Fabricator/Machine Operator - 1st Shift
- You will perform complete set up and operation of multiple mechanical or hydraulic brakes, presses, shears, turret punch presses, grinders and spot welders to fabricate components for product assemblies to meet customer demands.
- You will be responsible for maintaining necessary records for all operations.
- You will monitor equipment conditions and perform basic preventative maintenance.
- You will perform simple to moderate MIG welding operations.
- You will check completed parts to ensure compliance to Worcester Plant Quality standards and makes necessary adjustments when required in order to meet quality goals.
- You will understand all environmental, health, safety rules and regulations, and work instructions.
- You will maintain equipment and perform housekeeping duties as necessary using the principles of 5S.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment is required
- Minimum 1 year of experience in fabrication or machine operation is required.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographical area (within 50 miles) of the Worcester facility will be considered for this position.
- Experience operating a turret or brake is preferred.
- Manufacturing systems knowledge (KANBAN, JIT, Production scheduling) is preferred.
- Working knowledge of the mechanical, electrical, and safety procedures of a
- Basic computer knowledge of Windows based operating systems and programs.
- Ability to read and understand formal, informal drawings, and/or engineering drawings
- Knowledge of basic shop math
- Ability to use measuring tape, and variable gauges, such as calipers.
- Ability to read and follow standard work
- Ability to change tooling/tooling parameters.
- Ability to use good judgment and problem solving skills to make informed decisions
- Must be able to communicate effectively across all levels.
- Must be able to lift parts up to 35 pounds.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD WL WrightLine
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No