Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Eaton’s Power Component division is currently seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Horseheads, NY facility. Relocation is available.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for coordinating and leading engineering programs related to the development of proposed new equipment designs or methods, advanced manufacturing processes and advanced application concepts for vacuum interrupters. Must be capable of solving field failure analysis and solve technical and scheduling problems with R&D programs or equipment manufacturers. Provide day-to-day direction and support in area of responsibility for production supervisor and hourly operators, with a focus on troubleshooting and providing training and the tools required to meet production requirements while improving safety, quality, and productivity. Support and implement cost-out and productivity initiatives.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will conceive, develop, and implement new manufacturing engineering theories and concepts. Evaluate technical proposals and the results of analytical, experimental or design studies. Has responsibility for creative engineering, design evaluation and research development projects
- You will formulate technical proposals on development of new designs and/or advanced manufacturing processes, directed by and within the limits of plant objectives and long-range goals. Present proposals to management and include basic design theory, cost estimates, feasibility studies and other pertinent data.
- You will provide technical leadership with full realization of its commercial implication and assume coordination responsibilities for assigned engineering projects or programs. Initiate solutions to program or project engineering and research problems of unusual magnitude and scope which generally include aspects of more than one technological area.
- You will provide complete program leadership for the industrialization of new manufacturing processes, either in house or at approved subcontractor locations and collaborate with other divisions participating in research and development programs of mutual interest and benefit.
- You will keep informed of engineering progress in the field, the patent situation and development of competitors. Gather and evaluate information on the latest developments of all competitors within assigned area of responsibility. Analyze and interpret this data as related to plant objectives and planning and make recommendations as required.
- You will inform supervisor/manager regularly on work progress, cost, risk, scope re-direction needs and in collaboration with supervisor.
- You will define, document, and analyze tests for new and/or modified products or product components.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 2 years of manufacturing/electrical/mechanical/industrial or process engineering experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Self-Starter who takes initiative to find solutions
- Electrical Engineering Degree
- Lean Six Sigma Experience
- Project Management experience
- Demonstrated unusual originality in the utilization of new processing methods or equipment, and incorporate them into useful designs or technical problem solutions.
- Expertise is also required in the area of manufacturing processing methods, assembly and testing techniques, quality and SPC methods.
- Must have detailed knowledge of the properties, processing requirements, and applications of materials and chemicals.
- Must be highly proficient in the Microsoft Office suite programs, particularly Excel and Access, and statistical measurement tools.
- Knowledge of CAD programs (Pro-E, Solid Works or Auto-CAD).
- Basic programming software skills (ex. Lab View).
- Experience working in a union environment.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to give direction to less experienced personnel
- Must be able to function with broad autonomy and identify specific goals, targets, technologies, equipment, or processes to achieve objectives
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Must be capable to represent Eaton on product litigation.
- Address unsafe acts, unsafe conditions, and hazards in your respective work area(s) and evaluate the ensuing corrections.
- Support all EHS functions, including MESH and ISO14001.
- You will support deployment of the Eaton Quality System and Eaton Lean Six Sigma.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time