Senior Mechanical Engineer
Eaton’s Lighting division is currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Peachtree, GA or Atlanta, GA facility.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for designing, planning and overseeing manufacture, construction, testing and evaluation of components, equipment and systems used in lighting products and related control systems. In this role, you will work closely with other disciplines in the development and timely completion of projects to include the planning and scheduling, cost analysis, evaluation of alternatives, design review, management review, tooling release and production release.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will prepare and submit project plans and schedules for assigned work and submits project reports as requested to allow for management review.
- You will develop performance specifications, conducts reviews, and evaluates performance tests of designed components, assemblies, or systems to assure that completed work meets specifications.
- You will coordinate with the prototype shop and/or outside vendors the production of prototypes, to include initial and final prototypes, establishing feasibility of the device or system.
- You will coordinate the development of final product documentation, for release to Manufacturing, to include drawings and specifications, cost estimates, and computer releases.
- You will act as a liaison with existing or potential vendors regarding tooling and part-cost related to projects.
- You will participate in the Project Level Design Review conferences.
- You will inform all appropriate personnel of the department’s plans, programs, and operations that affect their areas, and maintains an awareness of developments in the field that relates to their job responsibilities and integrates them into own practices.
- You will keep abreast of the state-of-the-art in the areas of lighting components, sensors, ballasts, transformers, drivers, LED’s, and control systems
- You will search for new materials, technologies and processes which would improve product performance and/or value.
- You will estimate engineering personnel needs to execute assigned projects.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of mechanical or electronic product design experience
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates currently located within a 50 mile radius of Peachtree City, GA or Atlanta, GA will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Knowledge of CAD and SolidWorks experience
- Knowledge of ERP systems with SAP experience being a plus.
- Knowledge of LED for general lighting
- Knowledge of UL/CSA/NOM/CE standards
- Knowledge of a stage gate process
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time