Eaton’s Power Systems division is currently seeking a Switchgear Master Technician to join our team. This position is based at our South Milwaukee, WI facility.
The Switchgear Master Technician is responsible for providing post-sales support from within the Switchgear Support Group for assigned products such as product troubleshooting, facilitating warranty or service involvement, and issue resolution. Products supported include all products produced out of Eaton’s South Milwaukee, WI facility. This includes controls, relays, overhead reclosers, padmount switchgear 35kV and below. Strong emphasis on controls, relays, and general distribution system understanding desired.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function, you will:
- Perform troubleshooting, and testing supporting controls and equipment analysis investigations and providing technical guidance for repairs in the field or returned to internal/external service providers as required.
- Provide organization with information relative to trending product data from the field.
- Be responsible for the development of digital tools to enable marketing, sales, and customers to assist customers with questions related to products produced at South Milwaukee.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of Switchgear Apparatus and associated products with continuous training.
- Assist as requested in the organization of, or participate in, customer visits, plant tours, or customer witness testing.
- Utilize the applicable Switchgear Support Group (SSG) Log Database to record and create detailed SSG Tickets describing customer issues and work with cross-functional teams to ensure customer issues are resolved and tickets are closed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Participate and lead customer training of Switchgear Apparatus products.
- Participate in maintaining SSG lab and associated equipment as well as facilitate safety training for lab access.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years in Production, Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering, Marketing or Field Service working with electrical/mechanical equipment or Power Systems products
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates currently located within a 50 mile radius of South Milwaukee WI, will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
Mechanical or Electrical Engineering experience
Service Technician experience in customer service related position
Knowledge of technical and commercial aspects of product design, manufacture, and application
- Knowledge of SAP
- Experience in the utility industry
Experience with industrial controls, relays and distribution protection equipment
Experience with Form 4D/Form 6 Controls, IDEA relays, reclosers, switchgear
- Effective problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- PC application experience including MS Office products
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and quickly set priorities
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time