Eaton’s Lighting division is currently seeking a Associate Accountant to join our team. This position is based at our Peachtree City, GA facility.
The primary function of the Accountant role is to provide accounting, finance, and compliance support for the Lighting Division. The Accountant works collaboratively with stakeholders to analyze customer credits/deductions and monthly reserve requirements. The accountant also completes month-end close requirements, special projects, internal control testing, and works collaboratively with functional areas to identify and implement process improvements. The ideal candidate is highly analytical, detail and process improvement oriented, has an aptitude for problem solving, can effectively manage multiple projects/priorities, strong excel skills with the ability to work with and manage large amounts of data, and demonstrates the drive and people capability to deliver results within a global, growing, and profitable business. Candidates must be able to flex with changing priorities and provide assistance to other members of the accounting and finance teams on various projects.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will work closely with the credit team to identify trends in data and identify root-cause and corrective actions for customer facing issues.
- You will support the month-end closing by preparing journal entries, month-end accruals, variance analysis, and various financial reports.
- You will prepare monthly account reconciliations as assigned.
- You will load invoices and input coding to AP system for approval.
- You will ensure adherence to standard accounting principles, US GAAP, company policies and internal controls, Sarbanes-Oxley and audit requirements.
- You will facilitate design self-assessment process (DSA) and identify areas of opportunity for standardization across the organization and follow up on closeout and resolution of identified control weaknesses.
- You will analyze key performance drivers to investigate variances.
- You will perform root cause analysis to resolve problems.
- You will work in a team environment to drive improvement in financial processes through tools/systems, automation, and standardization.
- You will cross-train with team members to build skills and experience across the finance team.
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business from an accredited institution is required.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50-mile radius of the Peachtree City, GA facility will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Prior finance/accounting internship or a minimum of 1 year general business experience, preferably in a finance/accounting role
- Strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP.
- Strong software and systems skills (Oracle, SAP, Encore, Microsoft Office).
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Strong time management skills with ability to balance multiple priorities and projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to improve processes, both technical and analytical.
- Ability to implement new accounting policies.
- Ability to adapt well to changes.
- Ability to identify and solve problems.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and accuracy.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No