Eaton Corporation has an opening in the Industrial Sector Internal Controls team for a Lead Auditor in Beachwood, OH.
The primary function of this role is to ensure compliance with finance policy and internal control standards. The incumbent will manage and perform global internal control testing for key processes as defined by Eaton financial management and policy. The incumbent will identify & implement Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and broader control training and best practices Sector-wide. The incumbent will work closely with internal audit, operations, and the internal control team. The incumbent will provide accurate and timely reporting to senior management.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will help to plan internal control audit approach & scope, including control & site selection, audit scheduling, and resourcing.
- You will lead and perform global internal control testing for key business processes (on-site & remote reviews). Responsible for audit coordination, fieldwork, reporting, and leading a team of auditors.
- You will track remediation status and work closely with management to ensure timely remediation of internal control issues.
- You will participate in Sector-wide internal control training over the DSA process, segregation of duties & access reviews, balance sheet reviews, reconciliation procedures, and new site audit preparation.
- You will manage and perform operational SOX validations and ensure the quality of validation work to enable reliance by internal and external audit.
- You will assist in the development of a data analytics auditing program and the creation of tools to enhance continuous monitoring capabilities across the Sector. Also, executing these data analytic programs such as manual journal entry approvals reviews.
- You will work diplomatically and constructively with all levels and cultures within Eaton and build positive working relationships. Partner with operations and the Internal Control team to develop solutions for internal control issues.
- You will track and report on the status of key control exercises such as design self-assessments, monitoring controls (balance sheet reviews), SOX control validations, Internal Audit results, etc.
- You will perform special projects related to internal control on an as-needed basis.
- You will initiate and lead compliance and reporting projects to completion by building support across multiple functions and areas of the business.
- You will lead or support efforts for Guest Validator training.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in accounting and/or finance
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Auditing experience
- Experience with evaluating internal controls and policy compliance
- Public Accounting firm experience
Position Success Criteria:
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Financial auditing background & understanding of internal control theory
- Proven project management skills
- Flexibility to anticipate and react to changes
- Desktop Analytics (Excel skills are a necessity)
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Experience within a global manufacturing plant environment an advantage
- Understanding of Eaton financial systems and standards preferred
- Multi-cultural awareness and experience beneficial
- Travel up to 25% (domestic and international)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Industrial Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time