Eaton's Fluid & Electrical Distribution Division is currently seeking a CNC Setup/Operate Machinist to join our team. This position is based at our Glenolden, PA facility.
The Machinist Prototype/Production supports manufacturing and engineering departments by manufacturing various production and prototype components. They will assist shop management in training shop personnel in common machine shop practices, as well as company specific processes and procedures.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We created an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours.
Interpret blueprints generated per ANSI/ASME Y14.5 guidelines (geometric dimensioning and tolerancing). Ability to manufacture parts which conform to same specification.
Inspect parts using precision measuring tools equipped with vernier and DRO scales. Such tools include optical comparators, micrometers, indicators, etc.
Set-up and operate all the following machine tools: CNC milling machines, CNC turning machines.
Interpret and edit “G-code” (ANSI/EIA RS-274) NC programs.
Set-up and operate simple machine tools such as drill presses, manual presses, saws, shears, etc. as well as sharpen various cutting tools.
- Set-up and operate manual lathes and mills.
Set-up and operate manual and automated grinding equipment.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company - are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicants' race, color, religion, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in trade as a machinist
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Glenolden, PA will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, permanent resident (I.e. 'green Card Holder'), Political Asylee or refugee.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No