Reliability and Safety Engineer - Lead
Eaton's Aerospace Group is currently seeking a Reliability and Safety Engineer - Lead to join our team! This position can be located in Fort Worth, TX, Grand Rapids, MI, Jackson, MI, Irvine, CA, Galesburg, MI, Glenolden, PA, Jackson, MS or Los Angeles, CA.
This position will report to the Reliability, Maintainability and Safety (RMS) Center of Excellence (CoE) with focus on driving robust design and Design for Reliability practices into product development as well as leading certification compliance for all Aerospace programs globally. The Aerospace RMS team is part of a broader RMS organization whose support includes Aerospace, Vehicle, and Hydraulic business groups. This position is responsible for leading comprehensive system reliability, maintainability and safety programs within the Industrial Sector Center of Excellence (COE). This position is also responsible for driving deployment of new tools and processes within the Aerospace Group (e.g., Design for Reliability (DfR), Design for Safety (DfS), or Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) deployment).
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will develop a comprehensive system reliability and safety program plan, interfacing with Program Management to align key dates, resources and milestones. Tracking and reporting progress of deliverables and developing recommendations for program gate decisions.Quantify system reliability and safety requirements based on customer wants/needs, and competitive benchmarking information. Allocate reliability and safety requirements to subsystem and component teams.
- You will have a general understanding of reliability estimation methods, such as Reliability Block Diagrams, Fault Trees, MIL-217 and others.
- You will manage complex projects involving multiple electronic components or systems for completeness and compatibility with organizational objectives and standards.
- You will support peer reviews of project deliverables to ensure accuracy and coordinate with engineering teams to resolve technical issues.
- You will support complex reliability and safety analyses for electrical components, either individually or through team efforts.
- You will have in depth understanding aerospace safety standards (ARP4761, MIL-STD-882, DO-178C and DO-254A). Basic understanding of vehicle safety standards (ISO 26262) and/or industrial safety standards (IEC 62061 or ISO 15998) is a plus.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we as individuals and as a company are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a reliability and/or safety technical role
- Minimum 3 years of experience with electrical or electronic products
- This position requires the use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the international Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be US persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a US Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Relocation is not provided. Candidates must reside within a 50 miles radius of Fort Worth, TX, Grand Rapids, MI, Glendale, CA, Irvine, CA, Los Angeles, CA, Galesburg, MI, Jackson, MI, Jackson, MS, or Glenolden, PA in order to be considered.
- Knowledge of fuel systems, aircraft systems, and/or hydraulic control systems
- Statistical tools knowledge (DoE, Weibull, Minitab)
- Knowledge of the DFMEA, Risk log, and 8D process
- Experience with reliability modeling, FMEAs/FMECAs, fault tree analyses, and analyzing large data sets
- Experience with warranty calculations
- Experience with ALT/HALT/HASS methods
- Experience with RAM Commander or similar fault tree software
- Experience with Product launch phase.
- Prepare and review Failure Modes and Effects Analyses (FMEAs) per industry standards (MIL-STD-1629, ARP5580).
- Understand basic state of the practice methods for aircraft certification (AC 23.1209-1, AC 25.981 and ARP4754).
- Support the development of design Critical to Quality (CTQ) measures of program success based on customer wants/needs.
- Support a comprehensive risk management process – including supporting DFMEA, robustness models (P-diagram) and a program risk management log. Promote early identification and resolution of risk for new designs.
- Define and execute system and component design validation plans and reports (DVP&R), including accelerated life testing and life test data analysis.
- Support a Failure Reporting, Analysis, and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) process, driving continuous improvement through a statistical problem-solving approach (8D).
- Present reliability program status to external customers.
- Mentor junior engineers in DFSS and reliability disciplines; provide formal training on selected topics in DFSS and Reliability.
- Recognizes key improvement needs in terms of process/standards and recommend solutions to the team/management.
- Leads infrastructure projects in areas of subject matter expertise.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER Aerospace Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time