Power Xpert Application Engineer (PXAE)
Eaton’s Power Components Division is currently seeking a Power Xpert Application Engineer to join our team. This position can be remotely based in any metropolitan area of the United States.
The PXAE will effectively leverage and engage Eaton’s enterprise wide resources to coordinate and grow sales of protective relays, power meters, communication gateways, trip units and Power Xpert Dashboard solutions by driving specifications and solutions to Eaton’s benefit at specifying and procurement levels within targeted Electrical Original Equipment Manufacturers (EOEM), and Machine Original Equipment Manufacturers (MOEM).
The PXAE will be working to integrate Eaton protective relays, power meters, communication gateways, trip units and Power Xpert Dashboard solutions into plans and request for proposals at end users and specifying consultants. The ideal candidate will have a technical or engineering background coupled with creativity and an innovative mindset. The selected individual will be tasked with developing new product application solutions, providing technical support, and assisting the business development and marketing organization with the execution of a comprehensive product/capabilities expansion strategy on a national scale.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
- You will facilitate the integration of Eaton specifications, products and services into targeted OEMs guided by the Strategic Roadmap set by the Meter & Relays product line.
- You will work closely with the product lines to define opportunities, develop product requirements and specifications, and design a technical plan for commercialization.
- You will lead the design/development/validation of proposed product and service applications and ensuring proper product and service validation to meet client expectations.
- You will work with targeted customers to develop solutions and specifications that also meet Eaton’s value propositions.
- You will provide VOC feedback to the product line regarding product development and sales tools.
- You will conduct training seminars with OEM’s.
- You will coordinate with local sales team to maximize effort in sales district.
- You will convert customer needs and/or requirements into engineering specifications
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five years of work in application role or similar function
- Thorough knowledge of Power Systems
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- MSEE or MBA
- Professional Engineer certification
- Prior Industrial or Utility Experience
- Application experience with protective relays in Industrial and Utility Sub-Station environments
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time