Welder 1st Shift
Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Welder to join our first shift team. This position is based at our Eastanollee, GA facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will weld thin materials ranging from 0.02 to 0.125 on stainless steel, inconel, titanium, and aluminum.
- You will produce acceptable welds within AWS D17.1 acceptance criteria.
- You will perform bosses aluminum welding: tacking, welding to flat stock, and welding to curved stock.
- You will weld flat stock and weld tubes together on Inconel 718 and Inconel 625.
- You will perform circular welds aluminum welding: tack and weld tubes together.
- You will perform line welds: tack tubes together and weld tubes together.
- You will weld stainless steel flat stock, curved stock, and weld tubes together.
- You will weld similar thickness aluminum and thin-to-thick material.
- You will read and interpret prints, sketches, work instructions, QAPs, QCPs, and all special instructions that pertain to the production of parts processed in the area.
- You will properly fill out all paperwork as required and accurately input data into computer system.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Welding certification from a technical school OR a minimum of 1 year of welding experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation is provided for this opening. Only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of Eastanollee, GA will be considered
- “This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee”
- TIG welding certification (GTAW) from a technical school and/or a minimum of 1 year TIG welding experience
- Achieve and maintain weld certification
- Must be able to obtain visual acuity test
- Competent use of the following tools: micrometer, calipers, height gages, indicators, ruler, hand tools, and power tools
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No