Eaton’s Power Components Division is currently seeking a Materials Analyst to join our team.
This position is based at our Beaver, PA facility.
This position monitors and reports assigned inventory segments at the plant to ensure material availability and accurate forecasting for customer orders and suppliers. Assists in the planning and coordinating of primary material manufactured at the plant. Contributes to the analysis and control of inventory levels and forecast data to ensure that optimal supplies are maintained, back orders are avoided and inventory turns are preserved.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will assist in the monitoring of demand and capacity in order to ensure level loading of the plant.
- You will analyze inventory levels and forecast data to meet profit and inventory targets and goals.
- You will balance current and future requirements with manufacturing capability in order to execute the production plan to meet customer requirements and minimize costs.
- You will expedite material, where required, to improve shortfall between current plan and requirements to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- You will assist in the negotiating with suppliers to meet plant delivery requirements in order to fulfill customer needs.
- You will analyze data, including enterprise requirement planning information, and prepares reports as needed for execution and recommended action in order to optimize plant operations.
- You will maintain planning parameters in plant systems, such as MAPICS, in order to keep systems updated.
- You will participate in the engineering change process in order to minimize impact on production, inventory and customer requirements.
- You will support plant cost reduction programs in order to achieve overall objectives.
- You will monitor feeder production, as assigned, to ensure appropriate plant inventory levels.
- You will prepare regular inactive/obsolete/surplus reports, as assigned, to help reduce inventory levels in those areas.
- You will prepare regular reports showing product line performance, fill rates and delivery information in order to monitor plant performance in support of Supply Chain Manager.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position, Only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of Beaver, PA will be considered.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without company sponsorship.
- Proficient experience with purchasing and planning using ERP systems such as Mapics or SAP.
- APICS certification
- Demonstrated capability of Lean Manufacturing and continuous improvement methodologies – Green Belt certification a plus
- Proven experience with quality assurance and reporting accuracy
- Proven knowledge and applications skills with process improvements
- Ability to work with engineering teams and all operations related departments
- Understands key financial metrics
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No