Eaton is seeking a Senior Administrative Assistant for its Electrical Systems and Services Group, Canada Division.
Reporting into the Senior VP/GM, and supporting senior staff level members, you will be responsible for performing a variety of administrative and key support-related duties. The position is located in Burlington, Ontario.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Be responsible for calendar management; maintain and arrange meetings and appointments, provide reminders.
- Plan domestic and global meetings (in-person and teleconference). Make travel arrangements, including supporting external visitors.
- Lead events management, including planning and scheduling staff meetings, customer or employee events and functions.
- Be responsible for expenses management and budget control.
- Prepare presentations and reports for business review meetings, briefs and events.
- Coordinate executive communications, including responding to emails/inquiries, taking calls, and interfacing with external stakeholders.
- Act as the point of contact between the executives and internal/external clients.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an administrative function, including experience in supporting senior staff level members.
- Three-year college diploma or university degree.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit will be provided. All candidates must reside within a 80-kilometer radius of Burlington, ON to be considered
- Critically analyze applicable processes and data for efficiency and costing opportunities.
- Manage and update organizational charts.
- Actively support and participate in ad hoc projects, processes and initiatives.
- Take dictation and minutes and accurately enter data.
- Develop and carry out an efficient documentation and filing system.
- Maintain confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Perform other duties for projects and various responsibilities as assigned.
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality.
- Develop and sustain a level of professionalism among staff and clientele.
- Superior organization skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner.
- Exceptional communication skills (writing, verbal and listening) and problem-solving mindset.
- Detail orientated and able to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- High sense of urgency and prioritization and high degree of reliability, confidentiality, discretion, quality work and professionalism.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No