Systems Support Engineer
Eaton’s Electrical Automation Solutions division is currently seeking a Systems Support Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Plymouth, MN facility.
As a recognized employer of choice, Eaton Corporation recruits and retains talented employees who are interested in making a long-term commitment to an organization that continually invests in the latest technology and state-of-the-art equipment as well as its employees. The Energy Automation Solutions (EAS) division delivers intelligent energy solutions by combining power systems expertise with innovative technologies to help our customers generate, deliver, and manage energy safely, efficiently, and reliably. EAS provides a range of power delivery and reliability, automation and control, advanced metering and demand response solutions designed to increase efficiency and smart operations. The EAS business serves customers in the utility, commercial, industrial, mining, renewable energy, and other markets. With a spirit of innovation crossing decades, EAS is proud of its ground-breaking innovations through customer collaboration, long-standing commitment to investing in R&D, five Innovation Centers around the world, more than 10,000 patents held globally, and its award-winning solutions in power delivery, power quality, power reliability and end customer automation in the utility space. The technical skills, innovative thinking and the tireless dedication of our employees around the world are Eaton's greatest resources.
The Systems Support Engineer’s primary responsibility is to provide excellent customer service and technical support for Eaton’s Energy Automation Solution customers. The role is a full-time position with a normal work schedule of Monday through Friday. In this role, the engineer will also contribute to the company’s overall success by performing technical services for customers, expanding its knowledge base, working with the greater product team to improve customer experience, and improving operational procedures to increase customer satisfaction.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide first level technical support for EAS software and hardware products by phone and email during normal business hours.
- You will participate in after-hours support rotation.
- You will provide excellent customer service by seeking to understand each customer’s issue.
- You will identify and resolve the root cause of each customer’s issue.
- You will collaborate with peers and cross functionally to resolve complex problems.
- You will assist customers in better utilizing their EAS products through assessing their needs, performing training, and sharing best practices.
- You will document all support performed in our service desk software.
- You will grow our knowledge base by creating, revising, and peer reviewing KB articles and participate in and lead continual learning seminars.
- You will complete customer service projects and other tasks assigned by management and are accountable for achieving key performance metric targets that contribute to the quality of our customers’ experiences.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 2 or more years’ engineering experience or in a technical support role
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now and in the future.
- Relocation is not provided. Candidates must be currently residing within a 50 mile radius of the Plymouth, MN site.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology) from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience or technical support.
- Experience working with capacitor bank controls, sensors, volt/var software, SCADA systems, or other grid automation technologies.
- Experience with communications protocols commonly used by utilities (e.g. DNP3)
- Experience using software such as customer relationship management (CRM), IT service management (ITSM), service desk, or similar applications.
- Experience participating in a well-known service management practice (e.g., ITIL or DevOps).
- Member of an engineering society
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Must possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot complex issues on own and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical concepts verbally and in writing to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to manage customer deliveries with competing priorities.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG EAS Electrical Automation Solutions
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time