Regional Sales Controller - Western Europe (m/f/d)
Eaton‘s Electrical Division Headquarter in Bonn has an opening for a:
Regional Sales Controller - Western Europe (m/f/d) - 070849
Location: Bonn, Germany
Would you like to make a difference to the environment? Do you want to work for a global and ethical company? Join us and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that make a real impact. We make what matters work. Find out more watching this video .
As the Regional Sales Controller - West Region (based in the Headquarter of the German Sales Organization in Bonn, Germany), you will work within the West Finance Team and will report to the Regional Sales Vice President – West.
You will support our Western European Sales Region which includes Austria, France, Germany, Greece, Israel, Italy, Portugal, Spain and Switzerland.
- Support the regional finance and region management in all financial and operational aspects of the business.
- Work with region leader in growing the business profitably and help to determine and analyze new opportunities for growth.
- Create, promote and sustain a high-performance culture. Continuously raise the performance bar for the finance organization in the region.
- Actively upgrade the organization through the infusion of top talent, through both the selection of new employees and the development of current employees. Lead Organizational Capability Assessment process for country finance team. Coach and advise finance team members for future advancement. Align performance ratings and feedback with operations and functional leaders.
- Support and manage the strategic plan for the region, annual profit plan and monthly rolling forecast.
- Direct the efforts and review physical inventory processes. Review the results and work with country leadership in recommending and driving actions for improvement.
- Coordinate financial reporting and accounting within the business. Coordinate plans, objectives and commitments within finance and operational functions.
- Ensure division is in compliance with US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements. Oversee the accuracy, correctness and timeliness of financial transactions affecting the general ledger accounting system(s).
- Develop and manage key monthly financial processes to include month-end closing and forecasting. Responsible for balance sheet integrity – ensure balance sheet reconciliations are completed and proper reviews occur.
- Review and assess the competency of financial systems and procedures to comply with US GAAP and corporate policies/procedures and ensure the integrity of the financial records for the business. Ensure that ethical business conduct and compliance are understood and supported throughout the region.
- Organize and deliver appropriate management reports to country and regional management. Prepare meaningful variance analysis commentary for management and publish accurate and timely financial reporting packages. Coordinate, interpret and respond to ad hoc financial requests within the region.
- Demonstrate ability to drive process improvements: detecting the need for change, proactively gathering requirements, design and develop processes, implement changes, and stabilize process changes to deliver on stakeholders’ critical requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with concentration in Accounting or Finance.
- Master’s Degree or CPA/MBA preferred.
- Minimum ten years’ experience in financial management in a business environment, manufacturing a must have, public accounting experience preferably with one of the Big Four.
- Thorough knowledge and expertise in Accounting and Financial Management and in business strategy.
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal skills. Ability to establish cross-functional relationships.
- Strong technical expertise, including US GAAP.
- Advanced MS Office skills, preferably Oracle and SAP knowledge.
- CPA/CIMA/ACCA qualification
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally
- Passion for business and ability to drive change
- Fluency in English is a must (spoken and written)
- Strong leadership ability and coaching skills
- Strong presentation skills required and ability to communicate at all levels
- Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 99,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Sales EMEA
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time