Custom Order Engineer
Eaton’s Commercial Distribution Products & Assemblies Division is currently seeking a Custom Order Engineer to join our team! This position is based at our El Paso, TX facility.
The Custom Order Engineer is responsible for engineering customer orders including detailed review of layout and application of equipment, wiring and component selection, reconciles pricing and delivery requests, and performs various phases of order management from reconciliation through engineering and manufacturing information (MI) generation.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will reconcile pricing and lead time requests of incoming orders, using information supplied through Bid Manager, Vista and other communications from field sales and/or channel partners, verifying that the plant's manufacturing capabilities can support lead-time requests.
- You will verify that complete and accurate order entry information has been received from field sales and/or channel partners on incoming switchboard orders.
- You will support field sales and channel partners on post order entry issues.
- You will prepare Manufacturing Information (MI) for less complex switchboards configurations, utilizing MI Manager, AutoCAD, and Plant Order Manager.
- You will interface with customers, channel partners, Field-Sales, and EatonCare through participation in plant visits, training support and customer events.
- You will schedule orders for production, reconcile customer requested ship dates with product line standard lead times and manufacturing capacity. Utilize AS400 programs (OMS and Allocation System) as well as Microsoft Excel to accomplish scheduling.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of engineering experience in an industrial/manufacturing or engineering environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Basic understanding of electricity
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems
- Demonstrated technical and application knowledge of switchboards
- Demonstrated proficiency in verbal and written communications, organizational and computer skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, persuasive skills, and analytical problem solving skills. Work with individuals and groups to effectively participate within a team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time