Electrical Software Engineer
Would you like to make a difference to the environment? Do you want to work for a global and ethical company? Join us and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that make a real impact. We make what matters work. To find out more about us check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
We established Eaton’s EMEA Business Service Center (BSC) in 2015 where more than 600 people are working on what matters. Our mission is to provide high value services to support internal and external customers across Eaton’s Electrical, Hydraulics, and Corporate functions in EMEA.
Join our Engineering Team as an Electrical Software Engineer and become responsible for full scale software support for enclosure systems, protection devices and switching devices in the Eaton xEnergy and Modan Configurator.
You will make a difference by:
- Product rule system programming and maintenance for enclosure systems, protection devices and switching devices.
- Testing software before update release.
- Troubleshooting in product rule system, provide error description, error clarification with the external software vendor.
- Creating descriptions for new features, required for the Eaton product spectrum.
- Holding trainings on the software for Eaton country sales organizations via web training courses.
- Providing second level support for the related software.
- Clarifying existing and new functions and options in the software and product rule system with the country sales organizations (customer requests).
Your experience matters:
- Engineering or equivalent Technical Degree
- 1-2 years in low voltage assembly products and low voltage applications
- Experience in low voltage power distribution application engineering and switchboard design
- Good level of IT skills: Visual Studio (Express), Team foundation server, Product rule systems programming is done by XML syntax
- Fluent in English. German language knowledge is a plus.
- We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for you
- We ensure health, wellness, safety and work-life balance for you
- We invest in you for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
- We offer career advancement opportunities for you
- We value diversity, join our passionate team
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Sales EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time