Eaton's Hydraulics Division has an opening for :
Location: UK - Havant
Would you like to make a difference to the environment? Do you want to work for a global and ethical company? Join us and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that make a real impact. We make what matters work. To find out more about us check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Lead all accounting and controlling activities of the Havant & Brierley Hill plants, ensuring systematic adoption of Eaton financial processes and policies (Sarbanes-Oxley, US GAAP, and Eaton Policies etc), provide day to day guidance to the finance department and act as business partner to the plant leadership team to improve process reliability and business performance.
Your key deliverables :
- Reviews accounting activities performed at the plant and satellite operations and remotely on behalf of the plant including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general accounting, cost accounting, payroll and capital spending.
- Operates as a full business partner to the Plant manager and the leadership team involved in all aspects of managing the plant and in all key initiatives. Fully conversant and involved in key processes such as Mesh, OpA, CI, ISO9001, ISO14000, QLI etc
- Ensure full and timely adoption and deployment of Eaton corporate and Hydraulics processes and policies
- Maintains and develops adequate internal controls over company procedures to ensure adherence to management policies, standard accounting principles and practices as well as compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Leads monthly closing and forecasting as well as annual profit plan processes.
- Administer the budgeting function for the Plant and issue performance reporting. Provide business partner support and tools to department managers to assist them in managing their own budgets.
- Records and reports operating results (closing, forecasting, profit plan), analyses variances; support the local leadership team in the development and delivery of action plans.
- Provides financial analysis with a view to improve profitability and asset utilization.
- Structures analyses and recommends actions for working capital management and cash flow improvement.
- Develops and motivates the finance team to implement and adopt functional excellence initiatives and strategies as directed by functional leadership.
- Provides Statutory reporting requirements
- Advise the Plant Manager, EMEA Controller and Division Controller on all financial matters pertaining to the Havant Plant.
- Perform the final review of all capital appropriations and post audits.
- Conduct operational audits of all standard manufacturing control procedures.
- Continually review internal processes and procedures to improve efficiency and accuracy, and reduce lead times, cycle times and operating costs
- Evaluate the economic reasonableness of inventory standards, and the effectiveness of inventory control methods, ensure the adequacy of inventory cycle counting processes and supervise any periodic physical inventory counts.
- Establish and maintain internal controls designed to verify the propriety of all expenditures and to safeguard the Company’s assets against loss.
- Supervise the plant’s credit and collection performance, review the plant’s accounts receivable and consult with the European Shared Service Centre to achieve adequate controls and safeguards.
- Oversee the plant’s payroll processes and controls to assure timely and accurate payment of salaries and wages, and statutory and other deductions, and to ensure compliance with all legal and fiscal requirements
- Control the integrity of the balance sheet. Ensure all accounts are fully reconciled and supported and highlight any concerns to plant and regional management
- Co-ordinate the participation of the accounting function in the establishment of selling prices and the evaluation of pricing practices.
- Co-ordinate the Company’s independent Accounting visits and assist them in their audits to help reduce fees.
- Represent the Company through active participation in professional organizations and local community activities
- Maintain and ensure a safe working environment for all employees, and in alignment with Eaton’s Philosophies, maintain strong Ethical principles supported by regular training for direct reports
- Motivate employees to the extent behavior is directed toward the goals of the Company and the Plant.
- Ensure alignment and direction towards the Company and the Plant goals
- Supports adhoc projects including acquisition, due diligence investigations and integration activities as required. In addition provides support to the EMEA Controller and FP&A team as required.
A professional with a problem solving mindset to adapt and drive improvements in process, tools, and organization; and with a focus on accounting and controlling – than please apply.
- Bachelor/Master degree in finance and/or accounting, or equivalent professional qualification, preferably with additional post-graduate studies
- Demonstrable relevant experience, with a strong preference for an international manufacturing environment of a publicly-listed company
- Demonstrated ability for structured and analytical thinking, attention to detail and root cause analysis
- Commercially astute; role requires ability to review& guide commercial processes, including contractual matters (such as trading terms and warranty), in a dynamic commercial setting.
- Solid people management skills including delegation and people development
- Demonstrated leadership and accountability
- Good communicator both to senior management and to peers and direct reports at the location
- Action oriented, organized and with a good business acumen
- Responsible and ethical attitude
- Flexible and adapts easily to different environments
- Familiarity with Corporate and Audit Concepts and technical accounting issues (including project accounting, loss provisioning and revenue recognition procedures). Familiarity with Eaton policies and procedures would be advantageous
- Proficiency with MS-Office.
- Excellent professional written & oral communication skills required
- Must work well under pressure and be good at meeting timelines
- Experience with Lean Accounting Methodologies would be advantageous or worked closely with an advanced lean business. (Automotive OEM or T1 supply).
What Eaton offers:
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
Learning & Development- We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time