Eaton’s Electrical Division is currently seeking a Production Manager to join our team. This position is based at our La Grange, NC facility.
The Production Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, controlling and supervising the manufacturing operations with the responsibility for the execution of all company rules, policies, procedures and systems in support of the company’s goals and objectives. Ensure that manufactured products efficiently and that the correct amount is produced at the right cost and level of quality.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will be responsible for using and promoting a disciplined root cause problem solving methodology to drive Value Stream daily and strategic Key Performance Indicators (KPI) countermeasures and ensure long term sustainable results.
- You will be responsible for mentoring talent and driving the performance management process for the department by goal setting and alignment of metrics, development plans and succession development. Responsible for human resources policy compliance and development to meet legal and business expectations. Responsible for communication, recognition and positive employee relations to build morale within the department.
- You will ensure that quality procedures are adhered to and the quality objectives are maintained in order to meet the established standards of the finished product and customer expectations. Responsible for continuous improvement in the Value Stream as it relates to external quality metrics (i.e. Complaint/PPM/Warranty reductions and time to response) and internal performance (i.e. first pass yield, scrap, rework, inspection, etc). Promotes and applies best practices. Customer Complaint Mgmt. - linking Customer Complaints back to drive root cause & corrective actions
- You will monitor and drive Continuous Improvement utilizing Lean Tools
- You will manage project priorities and resource requests to drive Continuous
- You will understand the capacity, capability and constraints of processes and how key product characteristics are measured and controlled. Work with R&D, Manufacture Engineering, and other disciplines in detailed discussions of NPD, process improvement, and problem solving.
- You will understand the relationship between inventory velocity, inventory quality and cash.
- You will work with the Supply Chain group to identify specific parts for cost reduction opportunities.
- You will plan and coordinate capacity, manufacturing activities, and personnel into an integrated organization to meet actual and forecasted product delivery schedules and productivity targets
- You will understand and assures facility compliance with supplier requirements and the formal sourcing process for all externally procured material, capital equipment and services.
- You will assure establishment of facility supplier management KPI’s in coordination with Division Sourcing, participates in Supplier Business Review process and supports supply base strategies to achieve expected goals and to drive development of a sustainable external supply base.
- You will expand focus beyond tactical to strategic by working with Divisional and
Corporate teams (ex: supplier consolidation)
PAC/ Project Management:
- You will support DMEDI and MVP projects that affect the VSM. Coach project teams to succeed in utilization of project management systems. Provide input to the plant manager regarding unforecasted volume swings affecting the business. Participate in the S&OP process. Focus on the supply review and detailed capacity planning.
- You will demonstrate the ability to objectively size up a situation and provide direct and actionable feedback in a respectful manner that achieves organizational objectives; can make tough or unpopular decisions when warranted based on a comprehensive assessment the inputs and expectations; faces up to problems quickly and directly without being intimidating.
- You will effectively translate business objectives into action plans and focuses workforce on achieving results. Instills a sense of urgency into workforce and takes aggressive action to ensure expectations are met.
- You will build a vision for the business to drive improvement by benchmarking
other organizations to identify and implement best practices
You will demonstrate the ability to balance between short-term requirements and longer term strategy by identifying current state and creating future state and roadmaps / action plans; prioritizes the urgent and important accordingly
- Leader in creating a culture of continuous improvement via positive change while at the same time ensuring that any SQDCI risks from the change are identified and managed. Actively manages the change process and participates in the change activities via kaizen events.
- Creates a climate where people want to do their best; ability to assess and leverage the strengths of individuals and teams to get their best work; cultivates employee engagement and employee development through teamwork, collaboration, recognition, empowerment, and ownership.
- You will demonstrate a commitment to continuously improve personal, interpersonal, and leadership behaviors evidenced by proactively seeking feedback and responding appropriately; demonstrates an understanding of the impact of leadership style and behavior on desired business outcomes
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience working in an supervisory role within a manufacturing environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future.
- Working knowledge of production processes, lean manufacturing and quality control techniques.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong leadership and teaming skills, solid analytical and reasoning skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Proficiency in SAP and SharePoint
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD UL Bussmann
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time