Quality Technician - 2nd Shift
Eaton located in Greenwood, SC has an opening for a Quality Technician 2nd shift. This position is located at the Emerald Road facility.
The Quality Technician will be responsible for tracking key process inputs, routine inspections, and daily quality analyses. This position will also be the main liaison between production and product engineering. The incumbent will have access to drawings, specifications, and operating procedures to make judgment decisions within the production shift to reduce manufacturing downtime due to process or product engineering issues. The incumbent will be involved in root cause analysis activities to support corrective action in manufacturing, support the quality function in driving quality into daily manufacturing processes, and will support Kaizen action items and process changes.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- You will be the first responder / Quality representative on production floor related issues. Ability to analyze issues with available data and decide course of action to assure continued production.
- You will participate and lead in any related inspection activities as needed for production. Collect data to support acceptance to documented procedures / or specification.
- You will analyze, define, and communicate with suppliers any production or incoming inspection discrepancies related to the applicable components.
- You will support and analyze customer returns and customer complaint / warranty activities.
- You will work in conjunction with the ISO leader as an internal auditor per ISO guidelines.
- You will support ongoing continuous improvement activities, special projects, cost saving activities, as the quality representative.
- Associate's Degree from an accredited college.
- 3 years of experience in a Quality, Field Service or Engineering position in manufacturing.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- Must live within 50 miles of the Greenwood, SC facility.
- Associate's degree in engineering technology or other technical discipline from an accredited college.
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Experience with the use of quality tools such as 8D, 5-Why, etc.
- Experience within electronics, automotive, power distribution or related fields.
- CQA or CQT certification.
- Welding experience/knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of ISO procedures.
- Knowledge of technical and commercial aspects of product design, manufacture, and application.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering and production drawings / specifications.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- PC application experience including Microsoft Office products.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and quickly set priorities.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No