Our eMobility Division is currently seeking a Lead Software Diagnostics Engineer to join our team. This position can be based in Southfield, MI or Tualatin, OR
At Eaton, we are dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment with power management technologies that are innovative, efficient, reliable and safe. Making power management work takes the passion and creativity of all our employees around the world. This passion inspired the creation of the new Eaton eMobility segment, combining our deep expertise in vehicle and electric power to deliver a wide range of solutions for on- and off-road electrified vehicles, helping to reduce the environmental impact of transportation around the world.
The Lead Software Diagnostics Engineer will develop, document and define all aspects of the software diagnostics strategy for the inverter product line. As the inverter is the heart of an electric vehicle the software diagnostics involved are complex and safety critical. The candidate must have experience with complex diagnostic strategies, fault detection and fault mitigation approaches.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will need to understand customer diagnostic requirements related to operational and safety faults
- You will be responsible for allocating the customer requirements to system and subsystem functions
- You will work with hardware teams to identify methods of diagnosing faults and collaborate with software teams to implement them in model based (MATLAB) or C/C++ environment.
- You will be required to prioritize faults and deal with multiple simultaneous faults.
- You will be responsible for diagnostic verification and validation and generate test cases to ensure diagnostics are properly implemented and fully tested.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of 3 years experience with developing and maintaining requirements for software diagnostics in MATLAB Simulink or C/C++ environment
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of Southfield, MI or Tualatin, OR
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Mechatronics
- Masters degree preferred
- Experience in Automotive industry / Automotive power electronics
- Familiarity with IBM DOORS and IBM Jazz Rational Team Concert tool suite
- Experience with AUTOSAR and ISO26262
- At least 2 years of experience in communication interfaces such as CAN, LIN, SPI, and Ethernet.
- At least 2 years of experience in automated testing including using CANope, CANalyzer and similar tools
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time