Mechanical Engineer Specialist
Eaton’s eMobility Division has an opening for a:
Mechanical Engineer Specialist
Would you like to make a difference to the environment? Do you want to work for a global and ethical company that values employees inclusion and diversity? Then join the Eaton team and help us provide sustainable and innovative solutions that make a real impact. We make what matters work. To find out more about us check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
You will join our eMobility Division, which is currently experiencing massive growth following various recent major wins. eMobility designs and manufactures energy converters primarily used in the automotive industry.
You excel in the Mechanical Engineering function to design and develop Automotive and Commercial Electric Vehicle Traction Inverter products, which comply with customer specifications and applicable regulatory standards (SAE, UL, ISO, Automotive OEM, etc.). You will integrate an international team and will act as Focal point between internal and external stakeholders involved in the NPD project.
Your key deliverables:
· Perform detailed mechanical part and assembly design of high power electronics utilizing 3D CAD
· Create simulation models to predict structural, fatigue, vibration, thermal, and flow performance of new products in development
· Conduct detailed analysis of tolerance stacks to ensure efficient assembly and reliable product performance
· Prepare for and participates in formal and informal design review activities
· Work closely with cross-functional team members in planning and executing project based activities
· Communicate project progress to project management and manage project risk appropriately
· Develop product test plans and work closely with technicians or outside lab resources to implement and review testing activities
· Interface with and provide technical support for customers, plant, quality, and supplier personnel
· Operate and design within industry standards (SAE, ISO, MIL, & ISO TS16949)
· Work with and manage engineering team members in China and India to execute new product designs
· Integrate Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance (GD&T), Design For Six Sigma tools and approaches, engineering simulation & modeling software, and phase-gate development processes for new products in development.
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in new product development
- Experience packaging power automotive
- A good working knowledge and proficiency in computer simulation and modeling software (CFD, stress, thermal, dynamics, tolerance, etc.) as well as 3D CAD / solid modeling software
- Ability to communicate with customers (internal and external)
- Team oriented, with excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication
- Fluent in English
- Experience with cast aluminum parts, injection molded plastics and stamped metal components
- Automotive background with a Tier 1 supplier
- Experience in SolidWorks is preferred, design experience in CAD required
- Administer mechanical and electromechanical principles to identify and understand issues, and to generate design solutions for various product development challenges
- Background in TS 16949 quality systems
- Ability to generate tests and test plans to sufficiently validate product designs required
- Experience managing test technicians a plus
- Project management knowledge and experience a plus
- Experience working knowledge of various commodities, cost drivers, and manufacturing techniques
- Individual must be capable of writing technical documents such as UL procedures, test reports, and patent disclosures
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
· Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
· Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
· Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time