Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Quality Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Euclid, OH facility.
The Euclid facility has approximately 400 employees and is a leader in the design, development, manufacture and delivery of aerospace main engine fuel pumps and components, systems and services to the global aftermarket and OEM markets.
The Quality Engineer is responsible for quality support to the team for the manufacture, assembly and testing of internally manufactured products. In addition, you will support MRB review, Cost Out, Reduction in DPPM, and Improvement Initiatives.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Drive reductions in Defective Parts per Million (DPPM) and improvement in First Pass Yield (FPY) of manufactured products.
- Review Engineering drawings and changes to assure that they are properly dimensioned and conform to GD&T protocol, and provide proper inspection for the related component.
- Respond to customer corrective action requests including full root cause analysis, determination of permanent corrective actions, and implementation and follow-up of corrective actions.
- Collaborate with Design Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, customers, and suppliers to improve manufacturing processes and develop methods to eliminate quality problems - Position requires interaction with external customers and internal personnel at all levels of the organization. Interaction is quite often providing the controlled interface between an Eaton manufacturing supplier (both internal and external) and the Eaton customer.
- Work with customer, government and other regulatory representatives to interpret or reach agreement on Quality procedures, and acceptability of products and assure compliance with the specified customer and government requirements.
- Investigate and resolve internal and external product quality problems utilizing quality functional tools such as statistical and analytical tools, PFMEAs, and process capability studies.
- Review customer rejected hardware to determine cause and corrective action.
- Utilize product audit process to suggest process and/or design changes to improve manufacturability and/or yield. Implement standard work; identify cost out opportunities, in order to drive continuous improvements in products and processes.
- Maintain accurate records to comply with company and customer record retention requirements.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution required
- Minimum one (1) year experience in a manufacturing environment, including co-op/internship experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Euclid, OH facility will be considered.
- Three (3) years of experience in a quality position in a precision manufacturing environment
- Trained in AS9100 quality system auditing
- Working knowledge in aerospace quality processes
- Working knowledge of ANSI Y14.5M
- Working knowledge in functional measuring equipment usage.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and technical specifications
- Detailed knowledge of aerospace product, manufacturing processes and inspection techniques.
- Detailed knowledge of the latest ANSI Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) specifications per ASME Y14.5M.
- Knowledge of machining, assembly & test operations, gauging, SPC, and APQP.
- Experienced knowledge of AS9100 Quality System and product/process auditing techniques.
- Detailed knowledge of AS9102 First Article and AS9103 Key Characteristic requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of problem-solving techniques - Root Cause Analysis, 8D Corrective Action Process, and FMEA.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experienced in Microsoft computer applications.
- Must exhibit a high level of motivation, sense of urgency, and energetic approach to job duties and requirements.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time