Senior Systems Engineer
This team operates on the cutting edge of mechatronic valve technology, creating advanced products for mobile machines that operate in the Agricultural, Construction, Material Handling, and many other industries. The engineer will be responsible for developing advanced mechatronic and embedded control solutions for customer applications in the form of new product feature developments or enhancements. The engineer will design, model, implement, evaluate, validate, and troubleshoot solutions in both the digital and physical domains. Consideration of production capability, quality controls, customer use and misuse cases, and documentation is required to ensure customer wants and needs are met during the commercialization process.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Develop new products, new product control algorithms, or revisions to either to meet market needs, profitability goals, reliability requirements and manufacturing capability in accordance with standard development practices.
- Drives to organize and complete projects using project management methodologies.
- Write effective test requests for technicians to perform research and experimentation. Analyze results and clearly summarize the findings in technical reports.
- Perform and document design calculations, including simulations and advanced analysis for new designs and design revisions. Conduct product design reviews and follow through on recommended changes.
- Work with manufacturing engineers and supply chain managers to assure manufacturability, cost effectiveness and reliability of the assigned product lines. Perform trade off analysis and conduct VA/VE events.
- Leads subsystem, system, or vehicle testing.
- Resolve design related production problems, apply statistical methods as needed.
- Maintain close liaison with the sales and marketing functions and end customers, as related to application reviews, new product requirements, major modifications of existing products, customer prototype qualification test requirements and resolving product performance deficiencies.
- Resolve product performance issues through team oriented problem solving and document according to the 8D process.
- Initiate the generation of new ideas and document them appropriately for possible patent protection or to reserve as trade secrets.
- Initiate and maintain the Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) related to new and existing products.
- Maintain professional education through training opportunities in the field of expertise.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience
- The ability to create math models for fluid power components and/or systems and use these in a simulation framework.
- Ability to test in both virtual and physical domains (hands on) to validate solutions.
- Comfort and effectiveness in working with customers, sales, marketing, technicians, and others.
- Strong project management, planning, and reporting skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving competency.
- Interprets technically challenging material and communicates effectively (white papers, webinars, presentations, etc.)
- Master of Science Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- 2 years of experience with embedded controls development on mechatronic systems
- 1 years of dynamic modeling experience (prefer Simulink or AMESim)
- 1 years of project management experience across a global organization
- DFSS Green belt certification
- Experience working with a global team
- Experience with functional safety requirements and systems (Safety Integrity Levels, SiL, etc.)
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time