Product Engineer- Mobile Valves
Eaton’s Hydraulics Group HQ, located in Eden Prairie, MN, has an opening for a Product Engineer – Mobile Valves in the Advanced Mobile Valves Engineering team.
This team operates on the cutting edge of mechatronic valve technology, creating advanced products for mobile machines that operate in the Agricultural, Construction, Material Handling, and many other industries. The engineer will be responsible for developing advanced hydro-mechanical solutions for customer applications in the form of new product feature developments or enhancements. The engineer will design, model, implement, evaluate, validate, and troubleshoot solutions in both the digital and physical domains. Consideration of production capability, quality controls, customer use and misuse cases, and documentation is required to ensure customer wants and needs are met during the commercialization process.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Participate in the development of new products or revisions to existing products through the use of relevant mathematical models in order to achieve profitability goals, reliability requirements and manufacturing capability.
- Initiate project plans, which include the scheduled actions and the resources required to meet the project objectives. Execute projects according to the established plan.
- Write effective test requests for technicians to execute. Analyze results and clearly summarize the findings in technical reports.
- Perform and document design calculations, verify all necessary tolerance stack ups for new designs and design revisions. Participate in product design reviews and follow through on recommended changes.
- Work with manufacturing engineers and supply chain managers to assure manufacturability, cost effectiveness and reliability of the assigned product lines.
- Maintain product design control, initiate and follow through on Engineering changes, and verify all documentation of new designs or design changes is complete.
- Assist the manufacturing function with the introduction of new products. Resolve design related production problems. Disposition material that does not conform to product specifications.
- Assist the sales and marketing functions by reviewing applications, designing and testing customer prototypes, and resolving product performance deficiencies.
- Resolve product performance issues through team-oriented problem solving and document according to the 8D process.
- Initiate the generation of new ideas and document them appropriately for possible patent protection or to reserve as trade secrets.
- Initiate and maintain the Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) related to new and existing products.
- Maintain professional education through training opportunities in the field of expertise.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- The ability to create math models for fluid power components and/or systems and use these in a simulation framework.
- Ability to test in both virtual and physical domains (hands on) to validate solutions.
- Comfort and effectiveness in working with customers, sales, marketing, technicians, and others.
- Strong project management, planning, and reporting skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving competency.
- Master of Science Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- DFSS Green belt training
- Experience working with a global team
- A knowledge of basic manufacturing methods, quality control and inspection techniques, test systems, instrumentation & data acquisition (DAQ), strength of materials and related metallurgy topics.
- A working knowledge of engineering statics, statistics, dynamic systems, finite element analysis and math modeling.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time