Senior Sales Support Lead
Eaton’s Lighting division is currently seeking a Senior Sales Support Lead to join our team. This position is based at our Syracuse, NY facility.
The Senior Sales Support Lead is responsible for guiding the support team, overseeing all customer and sales support matters, quotation generation, proposal development, driving revenue from key strategic relationships, lead generation, quote follow up and supporting/leveraging resources within the Eaton Sales Channel. In this role, you will drive efficiencies around process development, tool development and efficient utilization of resources while maintaining an internal sales culture, building excitement and employee motivation surrounding lead and sales revenue generation with our sales channel partners including agents, Business Development Managers and distributor’s partners.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
will oversee sales support matters for Ephesus Lighting business, while
providing direction and development to sales support representatives under
leadership of the strategic sales manager.
• You will work with business development managers, strategic sales manager, and project management teams to coordinate and procure key proposal responses, sales quotations, order entries, purchase orders, installation drawings, photometric calculations and other information related to multiple ongoing projects.
• You will work with project management and strategic sales manager throughout PO review process and order entry to ensure successful project implementation and customer satisfaction.
• You will be responsible for overseeing project development and quotations for utility, municipal and government clients.
• You will be responsible for leveraging our existing integrator relationships and processes while enhancing our turnkey initiatives and mitigating project and company risks.
• You will provide guidance and assistance for complex RFP projects while generating quotations that are advantageous for the company, partners and customer.
• You will create a process for implementing aging quote follow up through sales support representatives, agents, business development managers.
• You will create cold call blitz initiatives strategically to vertical markets and estimated project timelines.
• You will generate touch point progress reports for visualization into effectiveness of cold calling and quote follow up efforts.
• You will generate and maintain monthly quote reporting, tracking MoM / QoQ / YoY.
• You will be responsible for supporting a growing level of post-sale activity with end user, working closely with the client service manager on customer/product issues.
• You will implement RMA lessons learned through the quoting process to mitigate future RMA risks.
• You will support agent engagement for Ephesus Lighting and be a key liaison to various strategic national accounts.
• You will coordinate customer service efforts to ensure timely resolution of order entry issues and utilize reporting and other resource to identify and resolve order issues as well as ensure workload balance across inside sales support team.
• You will establish quarterly cross-functional training for sales support representatives with project management, engineering, operations and marketing.
• You will work with the Strategic Sales Manager to develop and implement standard tools, training and processes for agent network. (FLASH, C360, Control Spec).
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in sales (Inside or Outside) experience with track record of success.
• Bachelor Degree from accredited institution.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
• Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates currently located within a 50 mile radius of Syracuse, NY will be considered.
• Bachelor Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications from accredited institution.
• Five (5) Years of experience in sales and/or customer support
• Two (2) Years of management experience leading a team or direct reports.
• Lighting controls and or luminaire, electrical product experience preferred
• Strong technical aptitude (IoT Focus)
• Prior experience with Microsoft Office, SAP, Flash
Position Success Criteria :
• Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
• Must be able to effectively interact with cross-functional teams across Ephesus/Eaton divisions
• Ability to demonstrate excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Must possess strong skills in organization, documentation, reporting, and effective writing
• Must be organized and detail oriented, ability to prioritize multiple tasks
• Ability to demonstrate strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Strong problem-solving skills and conflict resolution
• Must have strong computer skills, with a focus in Microsoft (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Strong work ethic, flexibility, and a desire to actively contribute to the group’s success
• Must have a track record of meeting deadlines
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time